Review of And the Hills Replied

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Martina Sette
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Tour of Duty by William H. Coles
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 153%

Review of And the Hills Replied

Post by Martina Sette »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "And the Hills Replied" by Sparhawk Hutchins.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"And the Hills Replied" by Sparhawk Hutchins is a captivating combination of history, mythology, and the human experience woven into a rich narrative. Set against Scotland's tumultuous past, the story is about fate, love, and positing truth. It follows the journey of Robert, a descendant of King Robert I of Scotland, who is compelled by a childhood haunting to explore his family's history at Dunfermline Abbey in Scotland. This sets off a chain of events that delves into the mysteries surrounding his lineage and the ancient ties between Scotland and Egypt.

One aspect of the book I liked was its ability to blend historical events with elements of fantasy and mysticism. From the haunting legacy of King Robert I of Scotland to the ancient mysteries of Egypt's pharaohs, the author did a great job with the narrative, which is both grounded in reality and infused with a sense of wonder.

The characters are well drawn, each with their struggles, desires, and secrets. Robert and Elizabeth's relationship forms the heart of the story as they navigate the treacherous political landscape of medieval Scotland while struggling with their demons. Marjorie's journey from captivity to empowerment is great and interesting, as she discovers her inner strength in the face of adversity. I think this is the best thing about the book because it makes it very interesting!

The author's writing style is amazing, painting vivid images of medieval Scotland and ancient Egypt. His attention to detail brings each setting to life, from the windswept hills of Dunfermline Abbey to the sun-drenched sands of the Egyptian desert. Also, this novel is well edited because I didn't find any grammatical errors.

I rate "And the Hills Replied" 5 out of 5 stars, and the reasons are above. There's nothing I didn't like in this book; I liked everything! With its sweeping scope, richly drawn characters, and enchanting blend of history and fantasy, it is a book that will linger in the mind long after the final page has been turned. I would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys historical fiction with a touch of the supernatural.

And the Hills Replied
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

Im a great fans of history, and the combination of history and mythology will be interesting I think. Thanks for writing this review, I'm looking forward into more of your writing
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: Homecoming Heist by Tyson Collin

Post by Priya Murugesan »

An amazing review! I would like to know more about legacy of King Robert I. I am always fascinated with Egypt's pharaohs! History combined with supernatural elements sounds interesting!
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Proxima Dreaming
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 53%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm not a great fan of historical fiction but the connection between ancient Egypt and medieval Scotland is interesting with its ramifications, including the supernatural element. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Cristina-Ioana Toader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-ioana-toader.html
Latest Review: The Grids of the Word Crosser - Complete Edition by Daniel Fonkem

Post by Cristina-Ioana Toader »

Great job on this review! I'm always eager to dive into a book that explores Scotland's captivating history, especially when it's sprinkled with a bit of mystery.
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

How interesting! The ancient ties between Scotland and Egypt are something I have never thought about. This book can take me on a journey to two places I have not been. I would like to read how Marjorie faced adversity. Your rating of 5 out of 5 stars makes this a book I am sure to enjoy. :techie-studyinggray:
Julie Basil
Favorite Book: The Little Prince
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-basil.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Julie Basil »

This sounds like a very unique story. I am usually a fan of historical fiction, and have never read a book in this genre with these settings, so I will have to give this book a try.
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what's essential is invisible to the eye." ~ Antoine St. Exupery

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”