Review of The Goblin Addiction

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: Who Will Accompany You? by Meg Stafford, Kate Stafford, Gale Stafford

Re: Review of The Goblin Addiction

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

A book that tells the story of goblins but delves into themes of social injustice sounds intriguing. Themes like substance abuse, systemic inequality, and tyrannical reigns are not easy topics. The author's ability to weave these into an analogy of a predator-prey struggle is amazing. Reading your review makes me even more eager to read this book. Thank you for writing this. What a great review.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Khushi Yadav 8
Favorite Book: The Unfakeable Code®
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khushi-yadav-8.html
Latest Review: Developing Resilience by Penny Christian Knight
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 14%

Post by Khushi Yadav 8 »

I'm in awe. :idea2: The review is so detailed that without any spoiler, I know what to expect from the book. The detailed information about concepts and humor, dialogue and characters are so deep. Amazing review.
And for the book, I know now what to expect from the book. Usually fantasy books deliver the fiction world that helps readers escape reality. But I liked how this book goes into deep and darker themes of life. :!:
Julius Adekunle 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-adekunle-1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT: Mastering AI Conversations for Beginners by Malcolm Oppenheimer

Post by Julius Adekunle 1 »

"The Goblin Addiction" by Joe Paul Vanhaverbeke. Highlighting its rich storytelling, thematic depth, and dark fantasy elements. The reviewer appreciates the book's exploration of complex issues like systemic inequality and spiritual concepts, as well as its engaging dialogue and immersive world-building. The comment also notes that the book's dark themes and violence may not appeal to all readers, but it ultimately praises the book's craftsmanship, readability, and thematic exploration. Overall, the reviewer gives the book a solid five out of five stars, indicating a strong recommendation for fantasy enthusiasts and readers interested in deeper themes.
Miss Snehal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-snehal.html
Latest Review: The Red Movement by Shadan Kapri

Post by Miss Snehal »

The Goblin Addiction: A Novel Fantasy by Joe Paul Vanhaverbeke.I'm excited to dive into this dark yet engrossing story because of the novel's intriguing premise and compelling characters.congrats BOTD!
Jeff Kanda
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Jeff Kanda »

Wow! I must say that this review is not only detailed, but interesting as well. You've summarized the book well and highlighted on the main aspects of the book. Thanks for the intriguing review!
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-suraj.html

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

Great review. I'm glad to come across this today. Thanks. The Goblin Addiction by Joe Paul Vanhaverbeke is a captivating fantasy adventure that explores themes of systemic inequality and power imbalance. With its immersive storytelling, vivid world-building, and thought-provoking dialogues, the book offers an adrenaline-pumping journey.
Rose Nafula Oketch
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-nafula-oketch.html
Latest Review: Essential Gut Health for Women Over 50 by JL Service

Post by Rose Nafula Oketch »

"The Goblin Addiction" is an adult fantasy with dark themes that uses mythical creatures such as Unctionites, goblins, ogres, and gods to paint a picture of the societal issues we face today. Unctionites seem like vampires who have to hunt goblins for blood. Congratulations!
Gladis Ratish Kumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gladis-ratish-kumar.html
Latest Review: The Tunnel of Litora Falls by Suzanne A Smith

Post by Gladis Ratish Kumar »

The review provided insightful information. The plot appears captivating, as it involves goblins being hunted and consumed by the Unctionites, who seek the unique ecstasy only goblins can provide. I'm eager to delve into the book and discover more.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 246
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

The novel appears to construct a fictional world that reflects reality. It brings to light topics that not everyone is comfortable discussing using metaphors and dark humor.
Revathy Prabakaran
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revathy-prabakaran.html
Latest Review: Faults by Orion Gregory

Post by Revathy Prabakaran »

I love to read fantasy and C/T/M/H related books mostly. I am happy for coming across the book "The goblin addiction" by Joe Paul Vanhaverbeke today, where the story revolves around dark fantasy, systematic inequality and spiritual concepts. Congrats BOTD! Thank you for this detailed review.
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Anu Anand »

This book sounds intriguing! I'm drawn to dark fantasy, and the concept of eating goblins adds an interesting twist. It also sheds light on important social issues through fantasy, making them accessible and thought-provoking. Congrats on BOTD! Great review!
Caterine Potes Morales
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caterine-potes-morales.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Caterine Potes Morales »

Wow, "The Goblin Addiction" seems like a rollercoaster ride of adventure and thought-provoking themes! The analogy to systemic racism and power imbalance is quite intriguing, and I appreciate how the author delves into complex issues while maintaining an immersive storytelling style.
Cristina-Ioana Toader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-ioana-toader.html
Latest Review: Pixylations by Joe Laudati

Post by Cristina-Ioana Toader »

What an outstanding and comprehensive review! I'm truly impressed by the captivating blend of spiritual concepts and fantasy within the book.
Jaadugar Yadu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaadugar-yadu.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by Jaadugar Yadu »

The Goblin Addiction is more than just a wacky fantasy romp. It's a book that sparks discussions about societal issues, addiction, and the potential for change. Be prepared for lively conversations after you finish the last page.
Marina Flisvou
Currently Reading: Jake Fortina and the Roman Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature, second edition by Chet Shupe

Post by Marina Flisvou »

Your thorough review definitely sets the stage for potential readers to know exactly what to expect and the profound themes they will explore, making it a valuable guide for those looking to delve into a serious and reflective fantasy world.
Marina

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”