Review of The Human of All

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lisa P Cowling
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-p-cowling.html
Latest Review: The Angel of Death Origins by Laurent Cousineau

Review of The Human of All

Post by Lisa P Cowling »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Human of All" by Ryan Parrett.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

“The Human of All” by Ryan Parrett is a fictional book that blends elements of mystery, action, and romance. It tells the story of John Campbell, an engineer who's happily married. During a routine workday, John falls into the water, and during his time in the water, he experiences flashbacks of his memories. Astonishingly, he survives an attack by a bull shark, emerging with heightened senses and superhuman abilities, such as enhanced vision and hearing. John confides in his wife and friends about his newfound powers, and together, they keep his secret. As John begins to use his abilities to protect those around him, acting as a vigilante, will his secret become too big to remain hidden? What happens next? 

The setting was vivid and memorable. The author used detailed imagery, which made it easy for me to picture the different floors and parts of the ship. When I close my eyes, I can see the action scene playing in front of me. The author skillfully infuses amusing circumstances that add a lighthearted element to the narrative, especially immediately after an intense part. The writing style is engaging, and it created an immersive reading experience. The dimension of the story was exciting and unpredictable; I was constantly on my toes trying to complete the puzzles. The author created characters that were fascinating and kept me guessing the whole time. They weren't one-dimensional but had their own motivations and feelings, which made them look realistic. John, Arla, and Callum's friendship is a delightful example of what true friendship should look like: fun-loving, playful, and supportive, despite their differences in personality. The playful pranks and genuine care they have for one another are something worthy of emulation. The author endeavored to leave no room for unanswered questions. 

Despite having an exciting plot, there are significant issues that affect its readability. I was surprised by the number of chapters that made up the book. Also, the layout was cluttered with insufficient spacing, resulting in strain on my eyes and my inability to concentrate.

I would rate this 4 out of 5 stars, removing a star because, while this book had a remarkable storyline, the issues above slightly affected my overall satisfaction. However, another commendable aspect is that there were no grammatical errors found in this book. 

I recommend this book to people who are interested in mystery and action. This will be a good adventure.

The Human of All
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Joshua Sawders
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshua-sawders.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Joshua Sawders »

Based on the review, "The Human of All" by Ryan Parrett seems like an interesting book with a captivating storyline blending mystery, action, and romance. The vivid setting, engaging writing style, and well-developed characters make it a good read for fans of these genres. The reviewer mentions some layout issues that affect readability, but overall the book is highly recommended for those who enjoy thrilling narratives. Evocative descriptions, brought scenes to life.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Severed Roots
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Books with great description such as this, where I can picture myself as a spectator, are my favorite. I’m sorry to hear about all of the things that made it less than perfect. Thanks!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Fated Sky
Bookshelf Size: 440
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Writing for the Vialins by Anna Yusuf
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 55%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm a bit worried about the book's physical readability, as my eyesight is not what it used to. Otherwise, it seems like an engaging story of a vigilante with well-developed characters, so some polishing by the author would be of great help. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”