Review of Always Carry Your Scythe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Isaac Oh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isaac-oh.html
Latest Review: In the Cut by Michael Lockett

Review of Always Carry Your Scythe

Post by Isaac Oh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Always Carry Your Scythe" by Pip Paisley.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Demons, werewolves, pixies, and vampires are some of the creatures that will greet you in the pages of this book. Prepare to be transported to a world where supernatural beings collide in an epic tale of darkness and intrigue. In Always Carry Your Scythe, Pip Paisley weaves a mesmerizing narrative that explores the realms of the supernatural and delves into the depths of hell itself.

While at work in Quandors, Trixie D'Vita was approached by two agents from the Angel Investigative Bureau in search of her mother, Death. They suspected that Death was involved in a gameshow in the Mystical realms called "To The Wheel." The game show was famous for luring souls with the promise of heaven; instead, they had horrible lifetimes and hell. With Trixie's best friend, Zuzi, in danger, she went to the gameshow as part of the audience and wound up in hell. Will Trixie be able to save Zuzi?

The author has created a world where the supernatural is ever-present. The plot was fast-paced, and the writing was atmospheric and engaging. The world-building in this fantasy book was nothing short of extraordinary. From the moment you begin the book, you are transported to a realm where supernatural beings roam and otherworldly dangers are present. The author's attention to detail was impeccable. She created quite a unique and immersive world that felt both thrilling and eerily real. The supernatural beings were intricately crafted, each with their own unique features. The depiction of hell was equally captivating; it was not your regular fiery hell. The author's ability to bring this world to life was truly commendable, making it a standout aspect of the book.

The author created a complex and well-developed protagonist in the character of Trixie. She was a relatable heroine who had to overcome her fears and insecurities to save her friend. It's impossible not to root for Trixie as she struggles with the challenges she finds herself facing. Trixie was easily my favorite character. Her bravery and unwavering determination in the face of those difficult situations were admirable. I would have given up, but she persevered. I love that friendship was an underlying theme in this book. Trixie and Zuzi's friendship was genuine. It was Trixie's love for Zuzi that motivated her.

This is not your regular fantasy novel. I must say that the author outdid herself. The plot, the characters, and the world-building were done to perfection. The editing was also impeccable. There was absolutely nothing to dislike, so this book deserves a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend it to avid readers of fantasy novels, as they are sure to enjoy it.

Always Carry Your Scythe
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rashad Deniro Price
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashad-deniro-price.html
Latest Review: The Story of Super Wealth by Andrew Stevenson

Post by Rashad Deniro Price »

This review is comprehensive. Thanks to the reviewer for keeping me well informed about what to expect from this book. Although I am not much into stories that have demons, werewolves, pixies, and vampires as characters, I would like to give this one a try.
Miraz Riham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Miraz Riham »

i like the review the way you described that was impeccable. this type of fantasy novel book usually like to read that creates a fantasy world in my mind. I'll must try to read the book as you rated 5 out of 5 starts.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Fated Sky
Bookshelf Size: 440
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Writing for the Vialins by Anna Yusuf
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 55%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a must-read for fans of the fantasy genre thanks to the great construction of its fictional univers, plot, and characters. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Walexcity
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Walexcity »

I liked the review. The way you described it was perfect. I love this kind of fantasy novel. It creates a fantastic world in my head.
McDonald Lauren
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mcdonald-lauren.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by McDonald Lauren »

I like the review. It makes me want to read more about the book.
_akinyisheila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinyisheila.html
Latest Review: The Reverend Psychopath by Dr Andrew Rynne

Post by _akinyisheila »

. Commending the author's extraordinary world-building and attention to detail, the review highlights the unique depiction of hell and the intricate crafting of supernatural beings.
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

This review is helpful, providing a detailed and positive overview of the book. It praises the engaging plot, immersive world-building, and well-developed protagonist. The reviewer's enthusiasm and recommendation would likely motivate others to consider buying the book. Overall, it appears to be a good addition to anyone's library based on the reviewer's perspective.
Annalisa Whyte
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annalisa-whyte.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke

Post by Annalisa Whyte »

Your review was excellent spot on the way how you described it was enticing and it intrigued me
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

Based on the review, it seems that "Always Carry Your Scythe" is a captivating and well-written fantasy novel that transports readers to a world filled with supernatural beings. The author's attention to detail and world-building skills are commendable, creating an immersive and eerie realm. The protagonist, Trixie, is a relatable and brave heroine who must overcome her fears to save her friend. The themes of friendship and perseverance add depth to the story. Overall, the book appears to be a highly enjoyable read, deserving a 5-star rating.
Rohith Kumar Pakala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohith-kumar-pakala.html
Latest Review: The Shanghai Circle by Tony Henderson

Post by Rohith Kumar Pakala »

Thank you for your valuable insights, your review built interest in me to read this book. Great information is given by you about the book, thank you for that.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

I have always had a soft spot for books about vampires and werewolves. Look forward to reading about the gameshow bringingZuzi in danger, Trixie's friendship for Zuzi and heroic actions to save her friend.
Julius Adekunle 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-adekunle-1.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Julius Adekunle 1 »

Prepare to be captivated by a thrilling supernatural adventure in "Always Carry Your Scythe" by Pip Paisley. This fast-paced tale immerses you in a world where demons, werewolves, and other mystical creatures collide. Trixie D'Vita's quest to save her friend in the dangerous realm of a gameshow called "To The Wheel" is filled with bravery and intrigue. With impeccable world-building and engaging characters, this book earns a solid 5 stars and is a must-read for fantasy lovers.
Olivier Muhammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivier-muhammad.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Olivier Muhammad »

Your enthusiasm for the overall quality of the writing, plotting, and world-building is palpable. A glowing 5-star review is high praise indeed. This book sounds like an absolute must-read for any fan of fantasy fiction. I appreciate you taking the time to provide such a thorough and insightful analysis. Your review has certainly piqued my interest, and I look forward to experiencing this supernatural adventure for myself.
Harshitha Nayak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: When Business Is Love by Jan Ryde
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 69%

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

So, you are telling me that, there are demon's, vampires and all kind of supernatural things + afterlife + a grand game show. Each one of these are recipie for intresting read but all.combinrd and Author pulled off in outstanding way means, definitely it's a must read book.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”