Review of Mishaps of Marvelouz Witch

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Leona Rodrigues
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leona-rodrigues.html
Latest Review: Come What May by Marie Fostino
Reading Device: 1400697484

Review of Mishaps of Marvelouz Witch

Post by Leona Rodrigues »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mishaps of Marvelouz Witch" by Karen Fronterhouse.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The book Mishaps of Marvelouz Witch: Marvelouz Grows a Garden by Karen Fronterhouse is the second book in the series The Mishaps of Marvelouz Witch. The book, being a standalone, is a sci-fi book for children.

The story begins with Marvelouz, a young witch, reaching thirteen—old enough to begin practicing magic in her dwelling on her own. After seeing her sister Sparkleful's stunning garden, Marvelouz decides to plant a garden of her own one day. But how successful is Marvelouz at maintaining the garden by herself? Go ahead and read the book to find out.

My favourite character in this novel is Marvelouz's elder sister, Sparkleful. I adored how she helps her younger sister get out of trouble by understanding her when she gets into it.

It's entertaining to read this short, pleasant book. It is made up of a few illustrations for young readers to visualize. Furthermore, the book's language is pleasant to read but still easy to understand. I was tempted to rate it five stars because of this, but I found some issues.

There isn't anything about the storyline I disliked, but the page alignment could use improvement. The actual book consists of 55 pages, but the Kindle edition is merely 32 pages, causing some original pages to end abruptly. Additionally, I noticed a few grammatical errors, which are likely to be typos. Hence, I would like to deduct a star, as these flaws are minor and seem unintentional.

I recommend this book to all the adventure-loving kids and teens who can read this beautifully crafted story. And hence, I would have appreciated it if there were a few more pictures in there, attracting more kids to it.

Weighing all the pros and cons of this book mentioned above, I would like to rate this book a solid four out of five stars. 

Mishaps of Marvelouz Witch
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
You may not be the center of the entire world, but you are the center of your own world.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fantastic Voyage II
Bookshelf Size: 441
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Writing for the Vialins by Anna Yusuf
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 56%

Post by NetMassimo »

A nice fantasy story for young readers enriched by illustrations can help especially the younger readers to find a funny story they want to read or even more than one, as this is the second in a series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 205
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

Leona Rodrigues wrote: 17 May 2024, 14:03 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mishaps of Marvelouz Witch" by Karen Fronterhouse.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The book Mishaps of Marvelouz Witch: Marvelouz Grows a Garden by Karen Fronterhouse is the second book in the series The Mishaps of Marvelouz Witch. The book, being a standalone, is a sci-fi book for children.

The story begins with Marvelouz, a young witch, reaching thirteen—old enough to begin practicing magic in her dwelling on her own. After seeing her sister Sparkleful's stunning garden, Marvelouz decides to plant a garden of her own one day. But how successful is Marvelouz at maintaining the garden by herself? Go ahead and read the book to find out.

My favourite character in this novel is Marvelouz's elder sister, Sparkleful. I adored how she helps her younger sister get out of trouble by understanding her when she gets into it.

It's entertaining to read this short, pleasant book. It is made up of a few illustrations for young readers to visualize. Furthermore, the book's language is pleasant to read but still easy to understand. I was tempted to rate it five stars because of this, but I found some issues.

There isn't anything about the storyline I disliked, but the page alignment could use improvement. The actual book consists of 55 pages, but the Kindle edition is merely 32 pages, causing some original pages to end abruptly. Additionally, I noticed a few grammatical errors, which are likely to be typos. Hence, I would like to deduct a star, as these flaws are minor and seem unintentional.

I recommend this book to all the adventure-loving kids and teens who can read this beautifully crafted story. And hence, I would have appreciated it if there were a few more pictures in there, attracting more kids to it.

Weighing all the pros and cons of this book mentioned above, I would like to rate this book a solid four out of five stars. 

I think that all children should learn about gardening. This book promotes that idea. You wrote a concise and honest review. Thank you. :techie-studyinggray:
Leona Rodrigues
Currently Reading:

NetMassimo wrote: 27 May 2024, 14:47 A nice fantasy story for young readers enriched by illustrations can help especially the younger readers to find a funny story they want to read or even more than one, as this is the second in a series. Thank you for your great review!
Thanks for your comment!! :D
You may not be the center of the entire world, but you are the center of your own world.
Leona Rodrigues
Currently Reading:

Gerry Steen wrote: 04 Jun 2024, 07:19
Leona Rodrigues wrote: 17 May 2024, 14:03 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mishaps of Marvelouz Witch" by Karen Fronterhouse.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I think that all children should learn about gardening. This book promotes that idea. You wrote a concise and honest review. Thank you. :techie-studyinggray:
Yes, and it's quite an interesting book too! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
David Awunor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-awunor.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by David Awunor »

It sounds like an interesting book and story about the errors. A very nice review.
Alissa Nesson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-nesson.html
Latest Review: Truth and Evil by G. Edward Martin

Post by Alissa Nesson »

Sounds like a cute story for kids! Thanks for sharing your review.
“Our lives become the stories that we weave.”
- Once On This Island
Leona Rodrigues
Currently Reading:

David Awunor wrote: 06 Jun 2024, 10:47 It sounds like an interesting book and story about the errors. A very nice review.
Thank you! :D
Leona Rodrigues
Currently Reading:

Alissa Nesson wrote: 06 Jun 2024, 13:33 Sounds like a cute story for kids! Thanks for sharing your review.
Thanks for the comment! :D :D

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”