Review of The Magic Lantern

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 116
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Re: Review of The Magic Lantern

Post by Huini Hellen »

I like that Townsend has provided a summary of the previous installments, enabling readers to catch up with the storyline. Thank you for the wonderful review.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Byron Dsouza
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Alpha Buddies Land
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-byrondsouza.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Byron Dsouza »

"The Magic Lantern" by Charles Townsend. The magicians are fighting again to take over Argent and Hengel. Delvin and Princess Jarla in this 3rd book are trying to save the cities. This time the magicians are stronger, will Delvin and his team be able to save the cities? Get this book to find out. "When they emerged from the forest, they were able to speed up. They then rode as quickly as they could, since they did not know how long it would be before the kidnappers realized Jarla had escaped." I feel the intensity rising as the plot speeds up. Congrats on BOTD!!
Nabweteme Gloria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nabweteme-gloria.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Nabweteme Gloria »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on "The Magic Lantern"! Your review paints a vivid picture of the action-packed journey Delvin and his friends embark on. It's great to hear that Townsend's storytelling kept you captivated from start to finish. Your insight into the character development and pacing adds a lot of depth to understanding the book's strengths. Cheers to never giving up on goals, just like Delvin and his crew!
Michael Gambo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-gambo.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Michael Gambo »

The focus on Delvin's growth and the relentless pursuit of his goals by overcoming obstacles resonates deeply with me. I'm particularly intrigued by the dynamic between the characters and how they navigate through the challenges they face.
I believe in something greater than myself.
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Francis Kapola »

It seems like Delvin's journey is both thrilling and emotionally resonant, making me eager to experience it firsthand. Plus, the idea of never giving up on goals is a timeless message I could always use a reminder of in my own life.
Ladi S
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladi-s.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Ladi S »

An interesting book for those that like adventure. And the theme of "never giving up" is well spelt throughout. Good read.
Precious Anavheoba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-anavheoba.html
Latest Review: Teacher by Robert Mitchell

Post by Precious Anavheoba »

I like that the author can make the the third book unique even though the main characters are the same. I'm also impressed with the perfect rating on all three books. I hope Delvin succeeds one more time.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 713
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 72%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Chad Anthony, I just read your comments on the official review of "The Magic Lantern" and I wanted to point out that the third book in this series is just as good as the first two if not better. I have enjoyed reading all three books. I hope you will too. Delvin is a very cool, calm and collected guy for age 20 but he has things in control. I hope there is a book 4. @Mrlefty0706 @CharlesTownsend
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Eva Nyaburi, I just read your comments on the official review of "The Magic Lantern" and wanted to be sure you did not overlook book 2 of this series. All three books are well-written and should be enjoyed by young adults and adults. Delvin is really a calm magician for age 20 with the Black Magician on his tale and the constant threats of the Magician's Guild to reek havoc in both towns and threaten the Duke and his family. With two sons killed his two daughters will need to marry and have a son to someday run the Duche. @Mrlefty0706 @charlestownsend
Margi zuu202
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 93559
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 2113%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

when the plot came to light the duchies of hengel and argent are threaten as never before. i enjoyed this book
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Francis Kapola, I just read your comments on the official review of "The Magic Lantern" and while this series was written for young adults I found all three books very interesting to read for adults. Great character development and well-written books made this a series that I wanted to read. I highly recommend all three books. @Mrlefty0706

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”