Review of The Return of the Knights

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1950
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Review of The Return of the Knights

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: The Return of the Knights' by Gregory Kontaxis vividly outlines the contents of the science fiction story for readers. It brings to our knowledge the vital points related to the author's work. The point that this is a tale of a powerful enemy, treacherous subjects, lies and deceit, and lives and kingdoms hung in the balance is worth mentioning in the review. A characteristic feature of the book was that the worldbuilding was well done and showed the author's descriptive ability. Also, as mentioned in the review, the author provided maps for further understanding and a summary of the regions mentioned. Learning that the suspense factor makes the book difficult to put down was great!
Chinazo Anozie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 339
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Never Let Go by Sultan Nasser

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

Although I normally enjoy the "chosen one" tropes, I wasn't sufficiently intrigued enough by Walter and Elliot's story to check out this book, so I'll pass on this one.
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 499
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Post by Reva Parker »

Thank you for your wonderful review. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. I'm sure those who like this genre will be glad to read it and the list of characters and maps will help a lot. Being pulled into a story is always helpful, along with great editing. I don't care for fantasy books and find them confusing, even with aids, so I will pass.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting fantasy story following Elliot, an arrogantly young knight, that may have to stop a treacherous rebellion and save the kingdom. It might be worth a second look. Well done.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I’m looking forward to digging into this novel to find out how the unlikely savior Elliot will be able to save Knightdorn from doom and Walter Thorn and where his boldness and arrogance will take him.
Jorge Leon Salazar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

Despite fitting into the category of the chosen one who fights against the forces of evil, Elliot's character looks appealing since he is imperfect and seeks to correct his mistakes. I like that the development of the plot is unpredictable. Sounds intriguing!
Esther Deekor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-deekor.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Esther Deekor »

I like that Elliot the protagonist is not portrayed as being perfect but has flaws. "The Return of the Knights," sounds like an engaging action-filled read. Congratulations on BOTD!!
Sheen Jenny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: “Wisdom Of The Men” by Clint Arthur

Post by Sheen Jenny »

Kontaxis' adept use of dialogue and flashbacks not only reveals crucial backstory but also breathes life into the characters and their motivations. Through these narrative techniques, readers are able to empathize with the struggles and triumphs of the protagonists, enhancing their emotional investment in the unfolding events.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 712
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 72%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“The Return of the Knights” by Gregory Kontaxis is an epic fantasy tale that takes place in a time when battles were fought with lances, arrow and swords with warriors clothed in armor and men fighting on foot. This is a good vs. evil story with Walter being the ultimate evil and Elliot emerging as the good knight that is determined to win this war and rid the world of Walter and his evil ways. Will the army on retreat be able to regroup and fight back and will Elliot become the knight that ultimately eliminates Walter from the world? The sample put a negative spin on the odds of victory but since this is the first book in the series there is hope for the Queen and her supporters. This is book one in a two book well-written series with excellent battle descriptions and plenty of gore. Very good review.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Guilty of Stealing His Heart by Nancy Lynn White

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

I like books that showcase the sincerity of the author like this one. In most books and novels they'll always present the protagonist as the most righteous person when they ain't supposed to be. Big kudos to the author, he or she has my respect!
Deborah Belanger
Currently Reading: The Bulletproof Missionary
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Deborah Belanger »

Your descriptive review convinced me to change my feeling of not reading this book, "The Return of the Knights" by Gregory Kontaxis to putting in on my shelf after all. The characters are strong, unique, and undergo notable development, particularly the flawed yet determined protagonist, Elliot, and the cunning antagonist, Walter. The fact that the author has provided a character list to aid understanding while reading the story is very helpful. Congratulations to the author for BOTD.
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 563
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

The beginning of this fantasy seems fabulously set for the protagonist to play his role, and how the protagonist battles forces of evil compels a reader to read this intriguing novel.
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

Yes, the review is helpful as it provides a clear overview of the book, highlighting its strengths in terms of storytelling, worldbuilding, and character development. It is sufficient in conveying the reviewer's positive opinion and would likely motivate readers to consider buying the book. From the reviewer's perspective, "The Return of the Knights" appears to be a good addition to anyone's library, particularly for lovers of historical, epic fantasy.
Shinshinshin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Shinshinshin »

The review effectively conveys the key aspects of the book, making it helpful in informing potential readers about its strengths. It mentions the engaging plot, filled with constant surprises and unexpected turns, which creates a sense of suspense and intrigue. The characterization is praised, particularly the protagonist Elliot, who is depicted as a flawed yet determined individual who learns from his mistakes. The antagonist, Walter, is portrayed as a typical evil character, adding to the conflict and interest of the story.

The review also highlights the worldbuilding and descriptive abilities of the author. The use of dialogue, flashbacks, maps, and character lists aids in understanding the setting and enhances the reader's immersion in the story. The positive comments about the author's descriptive ability and the vivid portrayal of each scene suggest that the book is well-written and engaging.

The fact that the reviewer expresses anticipation for reading the remaining books in the series and other works by the author indicates that the review has successfully conveyed a positive impression of the book. This, combined with the 5-star rating and recommendation, could potentially motivate readers to purchase and read the book. Overall, the review portrays "The Return of the Knights" as a great read that offers excitement, enjoyment, and a well-crafted fantasy world.
Mayuri Kotalawala
Currently Reading: The Spiritual Treasure Trove
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayuri-kotalawala.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Mayuri Kotalawala »

Elliot is not the typical hero-like protagonist; he is flawed and imperfect but always realizes his mistakes and seeks to correct them. He doesn't give up at the first sign of difficulty or disappointment. On the other hand, the antagonist, Walter, is your typical evil, "kill them all" kind of bad guy who invariably inspires disgust (and fear, in the case of the characters) in people's minds.
- This is a proper balance and I even like how their is a "wise person" to tie up all loose ends. An exceptionally written review. Thank you.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”