Review of The Return of the Knights

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Neha Panikar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neha-panikar.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Re: Review of The Return of the Knights

Post by Neha Panikar »

Thanks for the review! It's been a long time since I've read books of this genre, mainly because of the predictability and repetitive themes, but this book seems unique and different! I look forward to picking this up and renewing my interest in sci-fi fantasy / historical epic kinds of stories.
Naushin Moledina
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Seduction and Securities of a Billionaire by Hadley Jayne
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 28%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

"The Return of the Knights" by Gregory Kontaxis depicts Knightdorn's struggle for peace. Elliot emerges as an unlikely hero with boldness and skill. Through vivid dialogue and worldbuilding, Kontaxis creates a captivating narrative. Strong characters and unpredictable twists elevate the story, making it highly recommended for fantasy enthusiasts. This is a very informative and honest review. Thank you.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
victorayomide
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by victorayomide »

Dive into an epic fantasy adventure with "The Return of the Knights"!

Knights rise again! Queen Sophie Delamere faces a desperate battle for her throne against her ruthless cousin, King Walter Thorn. ⚔️

Will a young farmboy named Elliot, with his mysterious powers, be the key to her victory?

Who is your favorite character in "The Return of the Knights?
Ejimma Chika Promise
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejimma-chika-promise.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Post by Ejimma Chika Promise »

I was actually caught unaware because I never thought that Elliot would be arrogant considering how skillful he is and his relationship with the people. Nice review!
Sarvesh J Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarvesh-j-yadav.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sarvesh J Yadav »

I liked a couple of things in this regard, the first one is the history and development of the background of the world. It's very interesting that the Black Death was considered as the end of the age of women while the age of men began!
Alissa Nesson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-nesson.html
Latest Review: Truth and Evil by G. Edward Martin

Post by Alissa Nesson »

This sounds like a book I would enjoy! The most captivating heroes, to me, are the ones that aren’t perfect and are allowed to make and fix mistakes. Nobody likes a character who is perfect and never does anything wrong. What really makes a character great is humanity and growth. Without those things, there is nowhere to go. As for the antagonist, I hope his strict and unwavering beliefs have a solid reasoning behind them. A good, strong villain is important to any fantasy conflict,
“Our lives become the stories that we weave.”
- Once On This Island
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Hunger of the Pine
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

You are right; the chosen one battles forces of evil, which is a theme that is most common in fantasy novels. However, I like how you suggest there are many surprises in this one to avoid it becoming predictable. It's not my preferred genre, so I'll skip it, but I can tell it'll be very popular with its fans.
Suvankar Das 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suvankar-das-1.html
Latest Review: Ghost With Two Hearts by michael r french

Post by Suvankar Das 1 »

Thank you for providing such a detailed and insightful review of "The Return of the Knights" by Gregory Kontaxis. Your breakdown of the world-building, character development, and the overall narrative structure gives a comprehensive view of the book's strengths.
Annalisa Whyte
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annalisa-whyte.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke

Post by Annalisa Whyte »

This sounds like an easy to read fantasy tale that I bet anyone could enjoy I also found the story quite nice
Khushi Yadav 8
Favorite Book: The Unfakeable Code®
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khushi-yadav-8.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 17%

Post by Khushi Yadav 8 »

Another amazing fantasy book with detailed description and amazing storyline. That is not revolving around a girl. Two main character and they are against one another. I would love to read this book solely because of the plot... amazing review 👏
Jatto Onimisi
Currently Reading: Shitolian
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jatto-onimisi.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Jatto Onimisi »

The reader will find themselves glued to their seats as they turn the pages of this gripping action thriller. Elliot, the main character, seems implausible in contrast to many action heroes and protagonists. Despite his heroics, strength, bravery, and intelligence, he displays a persona that is deemed brash, juvenile, and conceited. These, along with his resilience, will come in handy when he faces off against cunning, conceited, and bloodthirsty adversaries. There is much to discuss about this book, and its constant suspense will keep readers interested.
Dun123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dun123.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Dun123 »

The Return of the Knights is an entertaining historical fiction story. If you enjoy adventure and history, this should be a good one.
Hundi M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hundi-m.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Hundi M »

A good book and a comprehensive review that explains the book in detail, its strengths and weaknesses, will definitely be in my favorites
hafsat abubakar 3
Currently Reading: Regretting him
Bookshelf Size: 6
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by hafsat abubakar 3 »

"The Return of the Knights" by Gregory Kontaxis is a captivating tale that seamlessly blends elements of fantasy, adventure, and mystery. Set in a vividly imagined world, Kontaxis takes readers on a thrilling journey alongside a band of courageous knights as they navigate through perilous challenges and ancient prophecies.

One of the book's greatest strengths lies in its well-developed characters, each with their own distinct personalities and motivations. From the noble and valiant leader to the cunning and resourceful rogue, every member of the ensemble cast contributes to the richness of the narrative.

Kontaxis's skillful storytelling keeps readers on the edge of their seats, with unexpected twists and turns propelling the plot forward at a brisk pace. The author masterfully weaves together intricate plot threads, creating a tapestry of intrigue that keeps readers guessing until the very end.

Beyond its thrilling action sequences, "The Return of the Knights" also explores deeper themes of loyalty, sacrifice, and the enduring power of friendship. Through the trials and tribulations faced by the characters, Kontaxis delivers poignant messages about the resilience of the human spirit and the importance of standing up for what is right.

Overall, "The Return of the Knights" is a must-read for fans of epic fantasy and adventure. With its engaging plot, vibrant characters, and thought-provoking themes, this book is sure to leave a lasting impression on readers long after they turn the final page. Gregory Kontaxis has crafted a truly unforgettable tale that will capture the imagination of readers young and old alike.
Rezaul Hasan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rezaul-hasan.html
Latest Review: Trinities to Enneagrams, 2nd Edition by Allen David Young

Post by Rezaul Hasan »

Gregory Kontaxis's compelling story "The Return of the Knights" takes place in mediaeval times and centres on a band of knights who set out on a treacherous quest to free their realm from a despotic king. The knights must face their own inner demons and doubts as they fight to bring justice and peace back to their kingdom while navigating perilous barriers and intense fights. Kontaxis skillfully combines themes of honour, loyalty, and atonement in this grand tale that will have readers gripped from start to finish.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”