Review of The Goblin Addiction

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chad Anthony
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Re: Review of The Goblin Addiction

Post by Chad Anthony »

The way the review describes the immersive storytelling and symbolic exploration of spiritual concepts in "The Goblin Addiction" makes it sound like a thought-provoking read. The blend of fantasy, philosophy, and adventure is appealing.
Precious Anavheoba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-anavheoba.html
Latest Review: Teacher by Robert Mitchell

Post by Precious Anavheoba »

This sounds like an absolutely fun read. I would like to see how deeply the author has taken storytelling. There's nothing as appealing as a reader being in a story while it is being read. The author has really done well.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Eye of The Beholder by J.M. Stenfors

Post by Janet Kimetto »

I did wonder about the title "The Goblin Addiction." While I love fantasy, I don't think the storyline "goblins being hunted and eaten by the Unctionites for the feeling of ecstasy only goblins can give" is for me. I'm sure the book will find the right audience for it, though. Thanks for the review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading: Words of Weedsdom
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

The review provides a captivating glimpse into "The Goblin Addiction," highlighting its fantastical world and deep themes like systemic racism. It's intriguing how the author weaves complex issues into an adventurous narrative.
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Huini Hellen »

I like the fact that the author discusses spiritual aspects that would educate readers about other religions. Thank you for your review.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

The story in "The Goblin Addiction" by Joe Paul Vanhaverbeke revolves around goblins running for their lives and Unctionites chasing after satisfaction. The battle line looks interesting.
Ashish Agarwal 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ashish Agarwal 2 »

The Goblin Addiction, reviewed by Sam, seems to be a fairytale novel written for adults instead of kids. A fairytale full of adventure, black magic, dark theme is supposed to allure fantasy lovers who have become adults but have a kid's heart dreaming about their childhood for imaging cartoons by reading books but in darker mode in the case of this book. So, yes, this book is surely a must read for those guys.
Nesredin Mohammed
Currently Reading: Submitting to my billionaire ex wife
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Nesredin Mohammed »

The Goblin Addiction, The Devil Ate My Homework, and The Bible of Bobism have received five star reviews and Vance and the Vances a four star one, all from the Online Book Club.

My books are available in every online bookstore in the US I have searched, an acknowledgment of recognition by Amazon allowing them to be of some worth but nothing to drive buyers in their direction, an algorithm giving value to my work but my job to get readers to see them.

All the talent in the world depends on knowing it is there, its genius or lack thereof something that hides in obscurity. My books are different and have endings with the possibility of being expanded upon, aka, a sequel.
The Goblin Addiction" is the author's creation portraying fantasy addiction, with the characters getting trapped by the enchantment of goblins and their mysterious kingdom. This resemblance to any addiction is that it is all consuming which not only affects ones thoughts and actions but the whole social and personal life of a person. Either is the pleasure of adrenaline, the pledge of buried treasures, or the tendency to get away from actuality - the spell of goblins is addictive.
This book was like none I have read. I wondered in the beginning if there were any good beings among the two species, the Unctionites and the Goblins. Most stories are predictable, but I never knew where this one was going, keeping things always interesting. The author addresses addiction, narcissistic leaders, and prejudice through its characters. This book would make a neat movie!
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 91286
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1886%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

you cant eat just one is not taste guarantee the story entails death in somewhere were you hooked for life bound to some physiological contract ..

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”