Review of Zona II

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fatola Fatai
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatola-fatai.html
Latest Review: A World Diverse III by David Edmond

Re: Review of Zona II

Post by Fatola Fatai »

Wow. Adventure stories are quite an interesting genre to read in books. I have the feeling that this book will be as interesting as the Lion King movie. Thank you for the lovely review.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Eye of The Beholder by J.M. Stenfors

Post by Janet Kimetto »

"A tale of human and wolf companionship." I love how the dire wolves and the humans in Zona help each other fight the sabertooth lions. I read the first book and loved it. I'm adding this one to my TBR. Thanks for the review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
John Rayner Jr
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by John Rayner Jr »

Recently joined, and the artwork on the cover caught my attention almost immediately. Of course, after read a few pages, I quickly realized that I was over my head, BUT loved the "recapping" that was a quick-sum up in parts. I also approve of the hastily scrawled maps that were included in the front of the beginning of the sample. Will definitely start the hunt for the first, and grab the second.
grace ruhara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-ruhara.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by grace ruhara »

I love how the author integrated the human and the animal. The various themes in the book are also something I would want to read and find out how they are displayed.
odlanra
Favorite Book: Carbynarah Chronicles
Currently Reading: All In Divine Order
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odlanra.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by odlanra »

While classified as science fiction, the book seems magic to me. Except for the sample nicely beginning with the talk of humans and wolfs, the review had concealed a lot (and should be the case). I could only imagine only one scene, that of the fight of humans and wolfs against tigers. How would it be? After all, it seems that man is still the supreme creature in here. But the review also mentioned possible drama in the adventure from the themes of the story. And it seems there is a lot. Would it be the humans exhibiting the inspirational themes or the animals alone or both? Would it capture my emotions? I do not go much for adventure story of a group of animals and a group of men either pitting each one against each other or being friends with each other (but I like the adventure and bravado of a single protagonist with a loyal animal friend). But the various emotional and inspirational themes promises a lot for me, my view/guess on the story.
- odlanra
OMAR AYUB
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by OMAR AYUB »

I love fantasy and how good works in the genre can transport us to worlds we've never been to. Zona sounds very immersive, and I can't wait to dive in! I also love that the book portrays themes that involve survival and bravery. I hope there will be lots of fast-paced action. I'm a great fan. I hope to be lucky to read this one soon.
Dominic ndome

Post by Dominic ndome »

I have just read the first chapter of the review and I can't wait to finish it. While reading the chapter, I was already immersed into the fictional world and at the moment, I'm trying to imagine the Geographical landscape of Zona. It is interesting to see how the author uses this captivating technique. He turns mere reading into an active intellectual exercise, forcing readers to recreate the story and consider the nature of truth. Zona II strikes me as an intriguing investigation of memory, truth, and identity. Its
greatness rests not just in the fiction of its plot but also in the emotional resonance.
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Zona II by Fred Baker is a sci-fi novel about sabertooth lions trying to take over the Kingdom of Zona and chase the dire wolf fighters out. The wolf clan will need help from Grant Taylor and his team to support and protect them in this fight against the lions. I was intrigued by the concept of the dire wolf conversing with humans mentally. This book will be an interesting read for many. Congratulations on the BOTD!
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Huini Hellen »

I love that Fred is interested in fostering a collaborative relationship between man and animals, especially for a common good. Thanks for your review.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

Your positive experience with the book, especially the unique storytelling and characterization, intrigues me. I appreciate your assurance that the book is accessible even without having read the first in the series. The pacing and your curiosity about what happens next make me eager to explore this fictional world.
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Chad Anthony »

The exploration of various themes like love, adventure, and companionship in the book adds depth to my understanding. Your mention of suspense and relief being skillfully interwoven creates a sense of anticipation. The willingness of Grant and his team to help direwolves against the lions builds an exciting backdrop for the plot.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading: Words of Weedsdom
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

Your enthusiasm for "Zona II: Sabertooth Uprising" is contagious. The way you describe the seamless blend of nature, science, and civilization in the narrative piques my interest. I'm intrigued by the team's expedition and the evolving threat from sabertooth lions.
Danny Anderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danny-anderson.html
Latest Review: Fouling in Business and College Athletics by Gonzalo Fernandez

Post by Danny Anderson »

This book expertly weaves themes of love, adventure, and bravery, offering a unique and suspenseful reading experience. Thanks for the review.
Danny Woods 1
Currently Reading:

Post by Danny Woods 1 »

Zona ll is an interesting story of how wolves put aside Thier differences and live with men. Despite the bloody past. Nice story and how wolves are good architects that's wonderful.
Sameena Ansari
Favorite Book: Dracula
Currently Reading: Losing Hope
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Sameena Ansari »

Fred G. Baker's storytelling seamlessly weaves suspense, adventure, bravery and companionship in Zona II: Sabertooth Uprising. The compelling characters, like Grant Tylor, and the intense plot make me excited to explore this sci-fi gem.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”