Review of The Return of the Knights

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shanesha Sammerson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 242
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanesha-sammerson.html
Latest Review: Like My Mother Before Me by Naley Gonzalez

Re: Review of The Return of the Knights

Post by Shanesha Sammerson »

"The Return of the Knights" is an enchanting journey that effortlessly weaves together a captivating narrative and intricate worldbuilding. Kontaxis' characters feel refreshingly real, and the plot twists kept me eagerly turning pages. The balance between familiarity and unpredictability is masterfully struck, making it a must-read for fantasy enthusiasts. I'm eagerly anticipating more from this author. Thanks for the great review!
Ajiferuke Ajibola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajiferuke-ajibola.html
Latest Review: The Prison of Power by G Michael Smith

Post by Ajiferuke Ajibola »

This story seems intriguing. A book that's full of suspense and well narrated. Elliot's boldness and his teachable heart are advantages. Congrats on BOTD. Beautiful review.
Sankar Guha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sankar-guha.html
Latest Review: The Transcendental Tangle: Untying the Enigmatic Knots of the Infinite by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by Sankar Guha »

The review was well-structured and it provided all the necessary information to encourage the reader to want to read the book. I enjoyed reading it a lot. Congrats on BOTD!
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lunar gate »

Your review is greatly appreciated! The captivating book cover instantly grabbed my attention, and the engaging review further heightened my curiosity. I am intrigued by Elliot's struggles to overcome malevolent forces in order to protect the community. The author's meticulous crafting of a compelling villain is a standout feature for me. Well done on being Book of the Day!
Patel Khushi Manishbhai
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Markus Zusak
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: To the Lighthouse
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patel-khushi-manishbhai.html
Latest Review: Novembers by Norman Cristofoli
fav_author_id: 2540

Post by Patel Khushi Manishbhai »

The bridge had already been burned, she thought. She may as well stoke the fire.

Caitlin Rush

I love it when book especially fantasy books have maps in them. And since the storyline seems complex, the provided list of characters will certainly be helpful. I do wish the villain was more interesting and with an actual agenda.
Ni_weh_sesh62
Yvonne Oloo
Currently Reading: Angel Falling
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-oloo.html
Latest Review: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking) by Elizabeth Moore Kraus

Post by Yvonne Oloo »

Thank you for the great review. I find a few things of intrigue that draw me to this book. I like the portrayal of the hero-protagonist, Elliot, as young and skilled, but lacking in humility and intelligence. The antagonist, Walter, is portrayed as cunning, determined, and disgusting. The fact that Walter has almost seized the crown in Knightdorn shows that he is strong and capable of defeating his adversaries. I would like to read and see how these two characters vie for the crown, as their conflict adds intrigue in this book.
Ramadevi Tatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ramadevi-tatavarthi.html
Latest Review: The Power of Conscious Connection by Talia Fox

Post by Ramadevi Tatavarthi »

This review of "The Return of the Knights" offers a concise yet insightful analysis. It commends the seamless integration of backstory, vivid descriptions, and the inclusion of maps and character lists for clarity. The characters, notably Elliot and Walter, are praised for their complexity and progression. The review portrays the book as a captivating fantasy with strong worldbuilding and engaging storytelling.
Luis Alvas
Currently Reading: The Snow That Never Fell
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luis-alvas.html
Latest Review: Philosophy from the Mud by Erik Quisling

Post by Luis Alvas »

"The Return of the Knights" by Gregory Kontaxis is a engaging and well-crafted fantasy tale. I'm not a big fan of fantasy genre but the characters, the intriguing and unexpected plot twists, the places, and the well written world building make it a must read book. Thanks for your detailed and great review.
Malleswararao Dasari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malleswararao-dasari.html
Latest Review: Spirituality In Practice by Dr. Krishnamoorthy (Subbu) Subramanian

Post by Malleswararao Dasari »

The review paints a picture of "The Return of the Knights" as a well-crafted fantasy novel that excels in worldbuilding, character development, and storytelling techniques. These elements work together to create a compelling and immersive reading experience for fans of the genre. the review mentions the presence of a "wise old person" archetype, which serves to provide exposition and guidance to the protagonist and the reader. While this trope can sometimes feel cliché, it appears that the author utilizes it effectively to prevent the narrative from becoming overly complex or convoluted.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 586
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

An epic fantasy with historical theme; the battle of good versus evil. Those who looks for escapism, this is great read and brace yourself up for the plot twists which make things even more intriguing! Kudos to the author and congrats for being the #botd.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Atieno Magero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

The Return of the Knights seems like a well crafted book. I like that the book has a captivating storyline with well developed characters. The author also does a great job of ensuring readers understand things by providing detailed descriptions and maps. Congratulations on making botd!
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: Optimizing Your Gifts for Career Success by Ronald E Smiley

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

I like the classic good vs evil and hero vs villain plot especially in the setting of the book. I am curious to see how the author makes this story his own and brings a unique tale to the readers. The cover page is very colorful and catchy too.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Eye of The Beholder by J.M. Stenfors

Post by Janet Kimetto »

This book sounds perfect for readers who would like something along the lines of the chosen one facing down evil forces. It would be interesting to see Elliot be the savior Knightdorn needed. Congrats on BOTD!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3098
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Kibet Hillary »

An unpredictable story is a remarkable, gripping story, and the fact that this one achieves this by including twists and turns makes it sound enthralling. I am adding the book to my want-to-read shelf and look forward to seeing how the main conflict will play out. The good thing is that Elliot is there to help Knightdorn from Walter's domination. Many thanks for the review.
:tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Sbitan Mohammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sbitan-mohammad.html
Latest Review: The Incarnation by Arthur Telling

Post by Sbitan Mohammad »

This review was very interesting. It is good to know that the people of knightdorn still have hope in the place of Elliott. Hopefully, he would become of better character and fulfill his destiny. I look forward to reading this book. Wonder review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”