Review of Mishaps of Marvelouz Witch

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ajiferuke Ajibola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajiferuke-ajibola.html
Latest Review: The Prison of Power by G Michael Smith

Re: Review of Mishaps of Marvelouz Witch

Post by Ajiferuke Ajibola »

It's good to imitate good things. It's better to ask questions while at it. Marvelouz should have asked Sparkleful for guidance. Thank goodness that she was graceful when she came to help her younger sister. I would like to read this story. Congrats on BOTD. Awesome review.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Eye of The Beholder by J.M. Stenfors

Post by Janet Kimetto »

"Mishaps of Marvelouz Witch" by Karen Fronterhouse is a children's fantasy story about two witch sisters. Marvelouz wants a garden as beautiful as her sister's; how hard can it be to start one? The book has beautiful illustrations, and there's a lot to learn from Marvelouz growing a garden with her elder sister's help. Congrats on BOTD!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Independence Corrupted by Charles Benjamin Schudson

Post by Harty Muli »

I don't know what the story means by 'witch sisters.' It sounds quite confusing. It would have been enough to say the story was about sisters. Thanks for the review.
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Long Way Out by Rand Bishop
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 153%

Post by Martina Sette »

I like illustrated books. This one offers enchanting illustrations and valuable lessons. The vibrant design brings the story to life, emphasizing the importance of guidance. It's a nice book!
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Independence Corrupted by Charles Benjamin Schudson

Post by Harty Muli »

I don't know what the story means by 'witch sisters.' It sounds quite confusing. However, I like that one of the sisters is trying to be better than her older sibling. Thanks for the review.
Bellah Mukisa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B00CA0VTK8

Post by Bellah Mukisa »

This book gives an introduction to the culture of initiation transition from childhood to adulthood in the witch world which is accompanied by a spectacular party where the parents can introduce their kids and let them practice magic away from their family members' guidance and supervision. We get introduced to a young girl Marvelouz, who seems curious about trying out her wild magic skills on her own careful enough not to cause an alarm to their folks. We are introduced to the cat by the name Pounce who in their witchcraft world is believed to be a ‘pairing’ with the ability to have a magical connection with a witch. They seem to connect with Marvelouz and in fact, they connect. We meet her sister, Sparkleful, who is so talented and has well mastered her witchcraft skills unlike her small sister Marvelouz. She is described as a jovial person and taller than Marvelouz. Bartholomew, an owl, who had paired with Sparkleful on a school field trip is impressed by Marvelouz’s sister. Marvelouz sets a trip with her broom to get out of the forest and go to a land where ordinary people live to buy some seeds for her garden where she meets a boy by the name Cody who seems to stare at her so much that she too talk to him and he would steal glances at her every time he filled a sack with seeds which makes Marvelouz quite embarrassed. She flies herself and Pounces home to go plant her garden with seeds but the next morning she wakes up in dismay she was expecting to find the seeds already grown for harvest but the ground was still with dirt as it was the previous day. In her mind, she blames the banshee and pixies and thinks she could fix the problem with magic, as though that's what her sister probably did. They go ahead and perform the spells and suddenly the seeds begin to grow and she notices a weird-looking blue mushroom with a fang that demands her to let it out and Marvelouz does as instructed and opens the gate for it to come out then closes it shut. Pounce sends a puff to alert her about the wrong spell and she sends the crow to get her sister Sparkleful whom she believes will know how to help her out. Lucky for her, Sparkleful comes to her rescue and saves her as they rehearse several spells together to contain the threat. She explained to her the reasons why her spells failed her.
Sameeha Ismail
Currently Reading: Jane Austen at Home
Bookshelf Size: 232
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sameeha-ismail.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Sameeha Ismail »

The title "Mishaps of Marvelouz Witch Book Two: Marvelouz Grows a Garden" sounds delightful and promises an adventurous tale! With such a captivating cover, I can only imagine how beautifully illustrated the inside must be. It's wonderful to hear that the illustrations and design truly bring the story to life, enhancing the reading experience. Thanks for the review. I am intrigued.
One book, printed in the heart's own wax Is worth a thousand in the stacks.
June Moon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-june-moon.html
Latest Review: Love Is by Kim Sorrelle

Post by June Moon »

"Mishaps of Marvelouz Witch Book Two: Marvelouz Grows a Garden" by Karen Fronterhouse is a lovely story about two witch sisters, Marvelouz and Sparkleful. Marvelouz gets inspired to grow her garden after seeing her sister's beautiful one. The book's illustrations and design are fantastic, bringing the characters to life. It teaches important lessons about planning and kindness, with the older sister showing a helpful attitude.
Amy_Jackson
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-jackson.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Amy_Jackson »

I like the way you wrote the review. I'm now wondering what in the world Marvelouz did in her garden. I can already tell there are some good lessons to learn. But i wouldn't want to start off a book confused, though.
Victoria Zoe
Currently Reading: The Divine Memoir
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-zoe.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa

Post by Victoria Zoe »

The book which talks about two young witches who are sisters named Marvelouz and Sparkleful will be a good read for lovers of this genre of books. Congrats on the botd and a satisfactory review.
Precious Anavheoba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-anavheoba.html
Latest Review: Teacher by Robert Mitchell

Post by Precious Anavheoba »

When it comes to materials, stories, themes, etc for children, I always prefer that it teaches a moral lesson. I believe children will really enjoy it.
Funmilayo Gift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Funmilayo Gift »

The interesting illustrations made me love the book and it's entertaining,the book also teaches morals which is significant. It is a good story for children
mytkreadingreview
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mytkreadingreview.html
Latest Review: Scam Story by Gini Graham Scott
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mytkreadingreview »

The book is wonderful as it shows us that, working together can archive more. If God can give me power to teach the world, I would use this book to make everyone to see working together can archive more, especially this countries like this one who like war, they still continue to kill those who they think they are the enemies but continue to kill innocent ones like women and children's.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 703
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 71%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Mercy Wambui Ndungu, I am looking forward to reading the "Mishaps of Marvelouz the Witch" to my great grandsons. It is well written for 8 to 12 year olds, includes lessons to be learned and it has wonderful illustrations. Thank you. @Mrlefty0706
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 703
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 71%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Harty Muli, Marvelouz and Sparkleful are actually witches. This book includes the values of friendship, love and family. Written for 8 to 12 year olds with incredible illustrations. I am looking forward to reading this book to my great grandsons. @MrLefty0706

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”