Divergent

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
T33
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t33.html

Re: Divergent

Post by T33 »

I thought the whole series was very well written. My disappointment with Allegiant had more to do with the direction that the story took. I thought there were a lot of holes in the story in regards to the technology and time scheme.
Bfrisco
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bfrisco.html
Latest Review: "Summer Warriors" by Bill Sharp

Post by Bfrisco »

I started it, and I really loved the sample I read, but as I got further into it, I found myself losing interest fast. I didn't like Hunger Games either, though, and I found them to be quite similar. I was disappointed that I didn't end up liking it, since I've heard such good things about it from others.
Latest Review: "Summer Warriors" by Bill Sharp
roberts-rl
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roberts-rl.html

Post by roberts-rl »

Yes, and I love this series! The author does an excellent job at creating characters who you grow to love and connect with! Definitely read it!
bcox1028
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bcox1028.html

Post by bcox1028 »

Is it a good read for someone who's not really into Sci-Fi?
CONSTARA
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-constara.html

Post by CONSTARA »

A world that could so easily happen if we allow others to make our decisions for us. Nice twist on the usual futuristic tale with the government and social mores determining who and what you are. Not unlike Hunger Games in it's views.

I enjoyed it, very much!
Ashley07
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley07.html
Latest Review: "The Lost Tribe" by Peter Ivey

Post by Ashley07 »

I loved Divergent and read it following the Hunger Games. It didn't have same intense description of the world the way Hunger Games did. It did have more extreme fight scenes and really stood out in its own girl power book. Unfortunately i'm still waiting for the sequels to drop in price.
Latest Review: "The Lost Tribe" by Peter Ivey
Sav Sparkman
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sav-sparkman.html
Latest Review: Artwords by Beatriz M. Robles
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by Sav Sparkman »

I really enjoyed reading this series as a teenager. The world is unique and interesting and Veronica Roth does a good job representing different personality types with the factions while also showing how it’s combinations of these traits and our uniqueness that can ultimately tear us apart, or bring us together. Some parts of the books are slower than others and I was bummed by the ending, but I didn’t feel as negatively about it as some people have said. Overall, I enjoyed it and would revisit the series.
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” —Helen Keller

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”