Review of The Goblin Addiction

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Re: Review of The Goblin Addiction

Post by Leen282 »

The reviewer got me interested in the book. The analogy for inequality, the darkness offset by humor in the storytelling. Another book added to my shelves.
Gayatri Tripathi
Favorite Book: E M P Honeymoon
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gayatri-tripathi.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by Gayatri Tripathi »

Your review provides a comprehensive analysis of "The Goblin Addiction," showcasing its depth beyond its fantastical surface. I particularly appreciate your insights into its allegorical nature, highlighting its exploration of systemic inequality and power dynamics. It's intriguing how the author intertwines themes of substance abuse and spiritual concepts seamlessly into the narrative, offering readers a thought-provoking journey. Your review effectively captures the essence of the book, acknowledging its dark themes while also recognizing its skillful storytelling and humor. Overall, it's evident that "The Goblin Addiction" is a richly layered work deserving of its five-star rating.
Abdulsabur Aisha
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abu-aisha1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Abdulsabur Aisha »

Today's book of the day is a fantasy book filled with mystery. I must admit that reading the review wet my appetite to want to read the book. I can't wait to discover who won the battle between the Goblins and the Unctionites. Congrats on #BOTD!
Tars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 353

Post by Tars »

Sold! From the words: "fantasy world full of mythical creatures and powers", I was already going to read this book, so the rest of the review was perused only for educational purposes and couldn't change my mind, even if there was something I didn't like. Fortunately, the description just proved what a well written and interesting story I am going to read. Thanks for gifting it and congrats on BOTD!
Lorna Philip Enslin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading: Good Not Hate
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorna-philip-enslin.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley
Reading Device: 1Device
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Lorna Philip Enslin »

'The Goblin Addiction' by Joe Paul Vanhaverbeke can be seen as an analogy for systemic racism and power imbalance in today's world. The book beautifully captures complex issues, including marginalisation, vengeance and the harmful stereotypes that give rise to biased power systems. Congrats on #BOTD.
Runan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 165%

Post by Runan »

Unctionite boys are on the hunt for goblins to satiate their goblin addiction hunger. In this impartial world where power is imbalanced, will marginalized goblins stand a chance against the powerful Unctionites? The dialogues are unique, immersive, and humorous enough to relieve the tense atmosphere. The author skillfully imparts philosophical wisdom along with concepts of karma and rebirth. Well-done on the review! I enjoyed reading your comprehensive review.
Runan
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Deborah Belanger
Currently Reading: The Bulletproof Missionary
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Deborah Belanger »

Thank you for your thorough review on "The Goblin Addiction" by Joe Paul Vanhaverbeke. The book beautifully captures complex issues such as marginalization, vengeance, and the harmful stereotypes that give rise to biased power systems. This book is a subtle appeal against systemic inequality. Somehow, the author tells a story and positively stirs his reader's mind. Your analysis of the book's deeper themes and parallels to systemic issues is truly enlightening. It's commendable how the author skillfully weaves together storytelling, dialogue, and spiritual concepts to create a captivating and thought-provoking narrative. I'm not usually into 'dark' stories but this book seems like it has more to it than that so I have been tempted to put it on my shelf since Amazon temporarily has it for free. Congratulations to the author for BOTD.

:tiphat:
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 1004
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Empowered By the Dream by Gladys A Barrio

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

Little Timmy, Billy, and Joe Bob sound like real characters who have both flaws and qualities.

Thank you for the great review.
Olga Markova
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: Crossing the Lines by Michal Regunberg

Post by Olga Markova »

Thank you for the amazing review, Sam! Sampling, I took to goblin Chedzid and your review mentioning the cruelty of Unctionites sounds for me a warning as I would not want the goblin eaten by Unctionites. I am also impressed by your transposing this dark fantasy to the topical issues of racism and marginalisation.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Something's Haunting Isis by LG Shaner

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

Paul was able to put together a interesting fantasy book and this is relatable. I like that the plot is about goblins and I would love to know killing goblins gave the Unctionites ecstasy.
Paul Great Grace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-great-grace.html
Latest Review: Chasing Dragons between Dimensions by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg
2024 Reading Goal: 70
2024 Goal Completion: 27%

Post by Paul Great Grace »

This book review describes a fairytale story where goblins are hunted by the Unctionites for their ecstasy. See why they hunt them and what later become of them. I wholeheartedly recommend it to everyone. Congrats on BOTD!
Krebs Karen
Currently Reading: The Fish House
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krebs-karen.html
Latest Review: When Business Is Love by Jan Ryde

Post by Krebs Karen »

This book " The goblin addiction" is a fantasy novel about goblin. I love books on fantasy and mystery and I would to read this one. Congrats on being book of the day!
Rose Ngore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Rose Ngore »

The review gives full over view of the book. Great work.
Kshitija Sonawane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kshitija-sonawane.html
Latest Review: The Cannoli Caper by Jeff V Erickson
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 37%

Post by Kshitija Sonawane »

This book seems like a story based on marginalization and racism, a story about how systematic racism takes place. It might open your mind a little as you read the book. Congratulations on the BOTD, and best wishes for future projects.
Rose Angela
Favorite Author: Lisa Kleypas
Favorite Book: God of Wrath
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 5547

Post by Rose Angela »

"The Goblin Addiction" by Joe Paul Vanhaverbeke is a captivating dark fantasy novel. The story is set in a world where a curse from the goblin god, Jobo, leads to a lethal addiction for those who consume goblin flesh. The narrative follows the protagonist's quest to save three boys and his community from this deadly addiction. The book brilliantly uses metaphors and dark humor to tackle difficult topics, making it a thought-provoking read. It has been well-received by readers, as reflected in its positive ratings on various platforms. However, the true essence of the book can only be captured by delving into its pages. Happy reading! 😊

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”