Official Review: Art Fairy by Floras Athena

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dragonsend
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonsend.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Re: Official Review: Art Fairy by Floras Athena

Post by Dragonsend »

Thank you for your review! This sounds like a very explicit book about the hardships that some children endure and a warning not to push young children so hard as they find their way. Interesting way to present the content.
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 :angelic-grayflying:
Michael40
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 209
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael40.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Michael40 »

I love the fact that the writer aligns with finding ways to cultivate talents rather than dampening the spirits of young talents through overwhelming criticisms. Great review!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I understand where the author is coming from about education. Many times we push our kids too quickly. This sounds like a fabulously developed story. Thanks for the introduction.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
freshbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-freshbook.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by freshbook »

Seems like an interesting read. You mention that this book is a mix of fantasy and reality. Also, there is a 'fairy' associated with the story. "Art Fairy" seems to have a similar concept of the show, "Fairly Odd Parents". I might give it a try since it seems like it is meant for adults.
Mai Tran
Currently Reading: What's Your Favorite Color?
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mai-tran.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Mai Tran »

It's a diploma that often plagues child talents. They need to devote a lot of time into practice, so it can get to the point where they have to chose between school and music. Adding the fantasy element to such story is an interesting idea, but it's a pity about the errors.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

I love the right attitude of the author not to only criticize but suggest ways by which talents can be cultivated. Nice review
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Adedayo+23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adedayo-23.html
Latest Review: Yona by Deanna Irwin

Post by Adedayo+23 »

I appreciate how the book brings awareness to areas where the education system is failing kids and also provides ways to rectify the issue.Great review.
"Destiny struggles to reassert the pattern that was meant to be." ~ Lightning by Dean Koontz :tiphat:
Latest Review: Yona by Deanna Irwin
Jorge Leon Salazar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

The story of a primary school boy, who aspires to create happiness for the world by becoming a great musician. He has great potential, but his art is hampered by a lot of misery both at home and at school until he meets Art Fairy. This fantasy and reality story looks interesting.
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

This book sounds like it will be perfect for parents, guardians, and teachers to give them a different perspective on how to cultivate talent in children. I love how it takes a magical realism approach. Congrats on the book of the day. Great review.
Bukola02
Currently Reading: Prince Player
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukola02.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Bukola02 »

This sounds like a good read, but I would pass due to the excessive use of metaphor and smilies. thanks for the review.
Nizar Ali Shah
Currently Reading: Tourist Trap
Bookshelf Size: 148

Post by Nizar Ali Shah »

A Fairy by Floras, Athena is a beautiful combination of fantasy and reality.The author has created two parallel worlds in the book.one is real world where dreams are shattered by the miseries of life and the other world is the happy and peaceful world.Athena condemns the education system because it is the major obstacle in the way of developing talents.
Miss_BeckyG
Currently Reading: Behind Broken Glass Walls
Bookshelf Size: 1129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-beckyg.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Miss_BeckyG »

This is quite a timely book. It is sad that talent and more so artistic talent does not get nurtured early in life. I'm glad the author wrote this book, not to criticise but to suggest a way to cultivate talents. The premise is intriguing and Oris as a character is relatable. Thank you for a review that brought clarity to the book.
“ Ego says, "Once everything falls into place, I'll feel peace." Spirit says "Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place." ”
Marianne Williamson
professor2024
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-professor2024.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by professor2024 »

Congratulations on BOTD. Art Fairy by Floras Athena looks like a great read. Fantasy books are always enthralling. Interesting to know what Oris had to give up in exchange for his happiness in the real world. I thought the use of metaphors and similes is what makes a book riveting.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

I wasn't expecting a book with a child protagonist to have violence in it, nevertheless, it seems captivating.
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

This sounds very thought provoking and enlightening. I remember as a child I was also so focused on getting good grades and studying for exams that things like artistry and creativity was something I felt I didn't have time for or pay attention to and now that I look back, it is a real shame. I definitely think there should be some room in the education system to allow for art and creativity. I also agree that too many metaphors and similes can be overwhelming and detract from a writing piece. Great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”