Official Review: Heaven's End by Roger Wilco

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Re: Official Review: Heaven's End by Roger Wilco

Post by cpru68 »

Miraphery wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 04:12 For an author's first book, this sounds really interesting and well written. I would like to read this one. Thanks, I love your review.
I was very surprised as well by the fact of how well this writer did for a first-timer! Thank you for your sweet words and kind thoughts! I appreciate it. :)
Everything happens for a reason...
cpru68
Currently Reading:

Post by cpru68 »

Michelle Fred wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 04:29 I always enjoy creative retellings of Biblical stories, but this novel is on a different level. One can only imagine what a post-rapture Earth would look like. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Thank you for reading my review. I don't want to be around for this time on earth! :)
cpru68
Currently Reading:

Post by cpru68 »

Stephanie Elizabeth wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 05:10 This isn't something that I would normally read, but your review twisted my arm! Thanks!
Sorry about that! I am not a 'Walking Dead' fan either, but I kind of stumbled into this one, and wow...it was surprisingly good! Of course, now I will be on the lookout for the sequel...Thank you for reading my review! I appreciate it. :)
cpru68
Currently Reading:

Post by cpru68 »

Laurina_Olowo wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 05:31 The time after rapture is a period I don't think anyone wants to witness. The story seems like it's going to be interesting. Beautiful review.
Thank you for your kind response. No, I don't want to be around to see what the world would be like after the rapture. The times we are living in now are enough for me. I hope you are well, and take good care. :)
cpru68
Currently Reading:

Post by cpru68 »

adamgreenrock wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 06:37 The author's first book that hit the home run? Now that intrigues me. I do love some mature supernatural stories so I might give this a read. Thanks for your review!
I was so surprised to find such a great book written by someone who claimed to not know what he was doing at all. Humility is always a good thing when it comes to writing. I like helping authors who are new, but this one doesn't need my help at all! Thank you for reading my review. Take care. :)
cpru68
Currently Reading:

Post by cpru68 »

damis wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 07:01 Great review! It seems like a very interesting book. I'll surely try to get my hands on it. Hopefully it will keep up with my expectations
I was surprised by how good of a job this author did. The sequel seems to continue on with the good work he did in this first book. Hope you can get your hands on a copy. Thank you for reading my review! Take care. :)
cpru68
Currently Reading:

Post by cpru68 »

BR 28 wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 07:03 It's a good book, the idea of technology and weapons is great.
It has a great mix of components in the plot. Thanks for reading my review. I appreciate it. :)
cpru68
Currently Reading:

Post by cpru68 »

Kgoth wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 12:29 It sounds like a good book, I honestly would love to read it, because in the review they described it as some kind of a horror and fictional type of a story (honestly that's what intrigued my interest).
There is such a good mix of genres in this book that there is a little bit of something for everyone. I am just glad we aren't living through what the characters are enduring! Thank you for reading my review. I appreciate it. :)
cpru68
Currently Reading:

Post by cpru68 »

Takudzwa Chiungwe wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 15:15 after reading , I fall in love with it. I would like to read this book because in the review I lent that this book contains some elements from the Bible
and also they is a little bit of science.
This book surprised by how good it was! I hope you can get a little peek into it and see if it's something you would enjoy. Thank you for reading my review. I appreciate it. :)
cpru68
Currently Reading:

Post by cpru68 »

Openopen wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 21:10 It’s sounds like an interesting book
It was definitely a good one! If a sample is available at some point, I hope you can read it. Thanks for reading my review. :)
cpru68
Currently Reading:

Post by cpru68 »

Ashgbrown wrote: 08 Apr 2020, 00:04 Heavens end amazing title really a eye catcher but once I got past the second paragraph I lost interest it was shocking considering this is the kind of book I would normally go for .
I don't fully understand your response. After the second paragraph, I was explaining what I enjoyed about the book. When we write an official review, there are requirements that we have to have in it, so that is what I was writing about from the third paragraph on. In any case, this book is so good, especially by a first-time author. I can see, though, if someone would shy away from the horror and more violent parts of the book. That is totally understandable to not want to read about that type of thing. Thank you for reading my review. I appreciate it. :)
cpru68
Currently Reading:

Post by cpru68 »

NetMassimo wrote: 08 Apr 2020, 06:38 This mix of elements seems uneven, but it looks like the author managed to blend them well to obtain an interesting result. Thank you for your informative review!
It was quite a unique combination of subject matter to make for a good plot, for sure! I appreciate you reading my review! :)
Nafreezy
Currently Reading: HBR Guide to Project Management
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nafreezy.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nafreezy »

Recreations of Bible stories as well as related stories have always piqued my interest. This sounds like a read I would enjoy especially based on your review. Thanks!
Edwin Amah
Currently Reading: Mug the Wumph the Dancing Wizard
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edwin-amah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by Edwin Amah »

A book about the end of the world and rapture will be quite a good read for me. I like the story of how two strong women, Judy and her daughter Amber tried to save a family member and I hope they do. Another interesting thing about this book is the way the author relates the scripture to the story, well, how can you explain rapture without including the scriptures. Excellent review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”