Official Review: Seeds of Hope by Debbie Tremel

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Re: Official Review: Seeds of Hope by Debbie Tremel

Post by AvidBibliophile »

A world-crumbling fungus causing poverty and famine would certainly take a strong resolve to survive and overcome. Your eloquent review certainly gives us all “food for thought” in deciding on whether to give this one a try. Thank you for your impressions!
snowbear
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowbear.html
Latest Review: What am I by stephen Thiele

Post by snowbear »

Wow, this sounds like a heavy book to read, especially with what's happening in the world right now. From what I've read in the sample, I agree with you that the author is skillful in telling the story. Thanks for your review.
Mrunal Tikekar
Currently Reading: Heartquake
Bookshelf Size: 291
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunal-tikekar.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke

Post by Mrunal Tikekar »

I agree with your feeling that this might not be an emotionally smart read given the current COVID pandemic situation. But tales of hope might give us some inspiration that is needed in such unprecedented times.
black panther4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-panther4.html
Latest Review: Amulet's Rapture by Linnea Tanner

Post by black panther4 »

The review was very informative and gave me and outline of the plot. I like reading books which depict the end of the world. Given the pandemic we are facing now, the doomsday has a very high chance of happening in the near future. I would love to know how the characters in the book go through it.
angiedeeh1
Currently Reading: Fervent:
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angiedeeh1.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by angiedeeh1 »

Thank you for this information. I had put this on my Want to Read shelf but then just saw your note about the rapes in the story and may change my mind. It is a sensitive subject that I don't always handle well. I appreciate your review and think these kinds of things should always be pointed out to help other readers avoid subjects that might be problematic.
Ariely 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ariely-20.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Ariely 20 »

A book like this at this time helps to remind us of the need to continue to evolve and learn new skills for survival in an ever changing world. Nice review
Shelleyv1975
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shelleyv1975 »

This book sounds intriguing I am looking forward to reading it in the very near future.
ciecheesemeister
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Currently Reading: Homer, A Constant Companion.
Bookshelf Size: 724
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ciecheesemeister.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
fav_author_id: 165843

Post by ciecheesemeister »

This sounds like a powerful book and, frighteningly, not entirely unrealistic. Thank you for the very informative review. I wasn't sure I wanted to purchase this, but after reading your review, I do.
Uncle_Praise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uncle-praise.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Uncle_Praise »

The reviewer was right that reading a book about the end of civilization during a world-wide pandemic is probably not emotionally smart. Almost similar to what is happening today, but still i would love to read this book.
Congrats on making BOTD and such a great review.
Liz Alice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liz-alice.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Liz Alice »

This is going to be such an interesting read. A story about the destruction of the world with a touch of prophecy is a perfect combination. Alternating the chapters between two different perspectives is an additional highlight. I'll be sure to add it in my tbr pile. Thanks for this highly informative and analytical review!
The book to read is not the one that thinks for you, but the one which makes you think.
Pearl Hijabi
Favorite Author: H M Irwing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-hijabi.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 1986

Post by Pearl Hijabi »

This seems like an intriguing and time appropriate book for me. But I don't think it's good idea to read 8lthis if you're stressed about the current situation we are facing. I like how the author has given enough back story about characters. Even though I dislike the mature content I will give this a try. Thank you for a great review.
danielleamy
Favorite Book: The Handmaid's Tale
Currently Reading: OUT
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielleamy.html
Latest Review: Nocturnal by Tim W BYrd
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by danielleamy »

Currently this book does not interest me. However, once our current situation improves I think I'd read this, as I love survival novels. Thanks for the review
All the reading she had done had given her a view of life that they had never seen - Matilda, Roald Dahl
Harty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty.html
Latest Review: Big Bunches At The Jam Factory by Keith.paulusse

Post by Harty »

I like the hope that oozes out of this story. A worldwide pandemic doesn't necessarily mean the end of the world due to the hope represented by Daniel and his family. Thanks for the wonderful review.
TreviousM
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by TreviousM »

Thousands are dying with the pandamic over the world, this is were I'm getting some hope and say we will survive this thrill. Let's plant a seed of hope and hope it will be better tomorrow.
TreviousM
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by TreviousM »

JM Reviews wrote: 09 May 2020, 08:10 A book about building a better future after destruction. Indeed it's a timely novel, considering the current status of events. Nice review.
We are facing the same crisis/destruction all over the world, we need to get through such a novel and we maybe able to saw some hope for a better day.. it is a nice review indeed

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”