Official Review: Eamon's Sin by Charles Nelson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Unspoken Things The Inlightenment by Wilfred Thomas

Official Review: Eamon's Sin by Charles Nelson

Post by That Reviewer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Eamon's Sin" by Charles Nelson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How far would you go to protect the ones you love? When push comes to shove, would you keep your promise to a dying relative? These questions should be at the back of your mind as you read through the pages of Eamon's Sin by Charles Nelson.

The world came to a point where natural birth was forbidden. To that end, spouses who needed children applied to ROAS for genetically engineered babies. As a result, the world's population was reduced to five thousand people.

Rayla's sister, Ria, gave birth to twins of which one died and the other survived. Knowing what was going to happen, Rayla decided to help her save and protect the baby who survived. She would do everything within her power to see that her sister's baby, Eamon, lived. Meanwhile, there was something about Eamon that would be of great importance to their future. Would Rayla scale through the huddles to keep Eamon safe?

Eamon's Sin is a sci-fi book with many twists and turns. The author does an excellent job of stringing many literary elements together to deliver a classic work of fiction. Though the storyline isn't a new kid on the block, he presents it uniquely — a perspective that's somewhat different from many other sci-fi stories I've read. There are lies, love, hate, betrayal, moments of serendipity, and so on, that makes this book worth reading. In the hierarchies of fictional stories, this one has a place in the upper echelon.

As weird as it may sound, my best feature in this book was the dialogues. I found myself so engrossed in the conversations that I never wanted them to stop. With every line of dialogue, I could feel the emotions they portrayed. The author didn't need to explain to me when a character was happy, sad, angry, surprised, or expressing any feelings. I could feel these emotions through the words. This made me believe that the author knew his onions in terms of developing engaging dialogues.

There was something I observed that tickled my fancy. Besides the excellent character development, the choice of character names was interesting — it spoke volumes about the author's religious inclination. In the book, you'd find characters like Eve, Isaac, Israel, Ishmael, and others. The fact that the author didn't smear this book with religious blather was commendable. I would also add that this book had nothing to do with any religion. I pointed this out to express my profound respect for the author's personality.

This is one of those books that I would advise readers never to read with assumptions. The twists and turns shattered most of the theories I formulated about where the book was heading. The suspense in this book is mind-blowing. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.

Though there are a handful of negligible grammatical errors, there's nothing in this book to rob it of the perfect rating it deserves. Therefore, I give it four out of four stars. This book makes for an exciting read to people who enjoy sci-fi books that depict a utopian world.

Eamon's Sin
View: on Bookshelves
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Ripsons
Bookshelf Size: 416
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems an intriguing novel about a utopia that seems ambiguous considering the strict reproduction rules and the betreyals. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Chimdi_3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimdi-3.html
Latest Review: Waves Break (on Unknown Shores) by Barry Litherland

Post by Chimdi_3 »

This review is quite detailed and now I am interested in the book.Family is everything inspite of the situation.I would love to know the steps Rayla took for the sake of her sister Ria.
Samgum50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samgum50.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Samgum50 »

Great review, it has provided me with a lot of insight on this book.
Tonika632
Currently Reading: White Night
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonika632.html
Latest Review: Chemicals and Christians by Martha McLaughlin

Post by Tonika632 »

Good dialogues are important in books. I like that the author brought that out in the book. Great review!
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

This is a very strange concept of artificial breeding. Would be a fun reading this book. Thanks for the insightful review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”