Official Review: The Nihilist Party by Roy Anthony

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Official Review: The Nihilist Party by Roy Anthony

Post by Jgideon »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Nihilist Party" by Roy Anthony.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When Aris and Quora lost their son and separated, none of them knew what life had in store for them. While Aris became an active member of the Nihilist party, Quora remained dedicated to the Galactic Council, the ruling force of their planet. Since the Nihilist party was the greatest rival of the Galactic Council, Quora knew that her life and that of her ex-husband, Aris, would never cross again.

The two main characters of the novel were journalists. Aris was carrying out a certain investigation about Planet Crimson, which was in the process of getting its membership in the Galactic Council. The planet had a dark side, which members of the Galactic council overlooked since they were more interested in the resources of the planet than the quality of life of its inhabitants. In his quest to unveil Crimson’s dark side, Aris fell into some deep trouble and he knew that the only person who would risk her life to help him was none other than his ex-wife, Quora. Could Quora take the risk of saving Aris?

The Nihilist Party by Roy Anthony is a novel that sheds light on how a myriad of things go wrong when the leaders of a nation are powered by their greed for power, money, and a heavy capitalistic appetite. Anthony did such an amazing job in creating the different worlds in this novel. The Haves, characterized by members of the Galactic Council, do not care much about the wellbeing of the populace. On the other hand, the Have-nots, characterized by the members of the Nihilist Party, have lost everything they once held dear thanks to the works of the ruling party. With nothing else to lose, members of the Nihilist Party embrace their nothingness and use it as a tool to unmask the greedy nature of the Galactic Council. It is a cocktail of the selfless willingness to do good for all, the greed and misuse of power by the ruling force, and the misery and oppression of the victims of bad rulers.

Nothing makes a piece of written work more enjoyable than having characters that connect with the reader’s mind. Quora, the strong female lead in this novel, has her fears and uncertainties when she begins the journey to unravel the truth yet she does not let them override her quest for the absolute truth and the search for her ex-husband. I could feel her vulnerability when she feared for her life while in the farms where the ‘lesser’ human beings, the Sapthians, were bred. Bolt, one of the most influential billionaires in Quora’s planet was also a likable character. When he realized that Quora’s life was in danger, he spared none of his resources, including himself, in ensuring that she traveled back to her country (from Crimson) safely. Although he had other interests in her, he was willing to put them aside to ensure that she remained safe, even if it meant that he would lose her.

I did not like the ending of the novel. Without giving any spoilers, the author had the potential to give this novel a better ending with the possibility of a sequel. It seems he made a major jump and closed a chapter too soon than I expected. Without a doubt, this book requires a round of professional editing. It has many grammatical errors. Overall, it’s a 3 out of 4 stars novel for me. I did not give it a lower rating because it has great themes. The world-building and characterization are great too. It is best suited for adults who enjoy sci-fi. Readers who do not like reading books that have some extreme inhumanity may find some scenes quite disturbing.

The Nihilist Party
View: on Bookshelves
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

This book seems politically inclined with sci-fi element. Thanks for the review.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

I expected something completely different when I read the title. Thank you for your review. I will pass up on this one.
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

A political theme sci-fi! I am amazed. Nice review
Valkyrie9
Currently Reading: the love letter
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valkyrie9.html
Latest Review: From a burned charcoal, a diamond is born by Carlos Bonilla

Post by Valkyrie9 »

It is always impressive when a science fictional novel is a commentary on themes that affect societies in the real world. It sounds as though this is a talented author with skill at world building and keeping the reader engaged. Thanks for a well-written review!
"Doors are for people with no imagination." Skulduggery Pleasant, Derek Landy :idea:
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

A novel about a galactic civilization with themes we can easily relate to as a commentary of what happens on our own world. With another round of editing it might be excellent. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Gabrielle Sigaki
Currently Reading: Business Basics BootCamp
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielle-sigaki.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Gabrielle Sigaki »

This science fiction book with political aspects sounds very engaging. I love stories with characters so developed. Also, Quora seems to be an interesting protagonist! It's a shame when a book seems to end like this. Thanks for the great review!
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

Such an exciting review! I wonder if Quora decides to take that risk. I enjoyed reading this thrilling review. Good job!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Post by Menace Crypto »

The book does seem interesting. I loved your review, it has really made me want to read this book. Thanks a lot for the well-detailed review. Kudos.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”