Official Review: Tsalix Silverthorn and the Scepter of De...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JKO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jko.html
Latest Review: 7 Ways To Manage Pain With CBD by David Anthony Schroeder

Official Review: Tsalix Silverthorn and the Scepter of De...

Post by JKO »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tsalix Silverthorn and the Scepter of Destiny" by Richard Siddoway.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

War begins when King Elosha picks his heir among his twin sons. Prince Abadon doesn’t want to accept Prince Johona, his twin brother, as the heir to the throne and would go to unimaginable lengths to take his place. As a result, the kingdom divides into two factions, each in support of one of the princes. A lot of people die as they try to conquer each other’s territories.

In a desperate attempt to bring peace to the realm, King Elosha sends a team of three, led by Tsalix Silverthorn, to unlock ”The Scepter of Power.” To do this, they must retrieve three talismans in a particular order from three different mountains and converge with them on Mount Destiny.

Meanwhile, Abadon has tried to acquire this scepter, to no avail, and he would have no one else wield it. However, the king gifts Tsalix and his crew vials of several elements to help them retrieve the first talisman from Mount Jinee, a mountain on enemy territory. Can they overcome Abadon’s forces and return with the scepter? Tsalix Silverthorn And The Scepter Of Destiny by Richard Siddoway is a marvelous piece of fiction that follows the team’s journey to Mount Jinee.

I cannot effectively describe how satisfied I felt after reading this book; it is arguably the best book I have read this year. I enjoyed reading this piece for a lot of reasons. Firstly, it is clear that the author did a top-notch job in terms of the book’s editing. I downloaded the EPUB version of the novel and read it twice ( as audio and text). In both cases, I always maintained a consistent reading flow. I found only four minor errors that didn’t detract from my reading experience. Furthermore, I was pleased that I found no profane or foul language throughout its pages, as well. This book would appeal to people who are interested in fiction and fantasy stories, and I highly recommend it. However, I must warn that readers that are sensitive to gory scenes should skip this novel.

Additionally, I was satisfied with the author’s writing style. Siddoway told the story from a third-person point of view, using occasional dialogue between characters. As a result of this, I was able to appreciate the characters better. The author also described all the locations in great detail and included a map at the beginning pages, showing all the territories. The map was important, as it helped me know the exact position of each town relative to another. The descriptions were also important as well because they helped me understand what each place looked or felt like in terms of the topography, weather, and food, to mention a few. My favorite scene in this book was where Tsalix and his team were on Mount Jinee and surrounded by enemy forces; it was really nerve-racking.

The author also did a good job with the plot. The scenes were relevantly interrelated, and I wasn’t confused with the storyline at any point. The author alternated the pace of the book expertly to suit each scene, which was a joy to see. Additionally, I was especially pleased with the level of suspense at various parts of the book; this kept me interested in the story. I have no reason to rate Tsalix Silverthorn And The Scepter Of Destiny any less than 4 out of 4 stars. I mean, I found nothing to dislike about this novel. I expect a sequel because it ended on a cliffhanger. Other readers will enjoy this piece as much as I did.

Tsalix Silverthorn and the Scepter of Destiny
View: on Bookshelves
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

I cannot effectively describe how satisfied I felt after reading this book; it is arguably the best book I have read this year
That says a lot about the quality of this book. Thanks for your honest review. Good job!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
shamayelnur
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shamayelnur.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by shamayelnur »

The novel sounds adventurous to me! And your words on the book to be this good seems reliable.
Pluma
Favorite Book: Wonks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pluma.html
Latest Review: Tales of the 70's by D.Done

Post by Pluma »

Sounds like an exciting and enjoyable read. It's good that there is no profanity and few errors, and that the plot was not confusing. I also liked the way you described the writing style of the author; it sounds very well-done and engaging. Thanks for the detailed and interesting review!
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

If the book is thrilling enough to you then let me add to my shelf. Thanks for the review
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

The author used premises that are very classic as they existed long before the fantasy genre, glad to see that the result was so good. Probably I'll wait for a sequel to be published, but I'll keep an eye on this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Valkyrie9
Currently Reading: the love letter
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valkyrie9.html
Latest Review: From a burned charcoal, a diamond is born by Carlos Bonilla

Post by Valkyrie9 »

Siddoway appears to be a highly skilled author. His depth of world building is commendable, and altering pace to fit the scene is impressive! Thanks for a great review.
"Doors are for people with no imagination." Skulduggery Pleasant, Derek Landy :idea:
HusainNecklace52
Favorite Book: The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto
Currently Reading: A History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-husainnecklace52.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by HusainNecklace52 »

Your review says it all! I don't usually burden myself with high-fantasy novels but your review makes me want to read this a lot! Well done! :D
difu
Currently Reading: The Demon of the Well
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-difu.html
Latest Review: Spirit of the Season by Brian Lamont

Post by difu »

Can Tsalix and his team overcome Abadon’s forces and return with the scepter? I am oooo forward to finding out. More so, I am looking forward to the third person point of view that the author employed in his writings.
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Chess! A Beautiful Game for People of All Ages by Sinclair Wilkinson

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

This sounds like an adventure of a book! A family at war over a throne succession makes a compelling plot. I like how you delineated all the strong points of this book. Great job.
Itumeleng Lesabane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itumeleng-lesabane.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Itumeleng Lesabane »

The novels seems to be adventurous and fantastical. I also like the fact that it is well edited. Thank you for your honest review
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Best book of the year. Well, that is a high praise. I don't mind the gore. Thanks for the recommendations. Amazing job with the review.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Post by Menace Crypto »

Seems like you really enjoyed reading the book. I'm also impressed with the storyline as it promises action on a great scale.
Erick Muyesu
Favorite Book: The Spirit of Want
Currently Reading: Mine Boy
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erick-muyesu.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by Erick Muyesu »

Your detailed honest review will trigger so many potential readers into picking this book. I would love to find out if Tsalix and his team overcome Abadon’s forces and returned with the scepter. Congratulations on your BOTD
Bles
Currently Reading: Dance of Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bles.html
Latest Review: Nettie Boo by Judy Adams Brown

Post by Bles »

Tsalix Silverthorn and the Scepter of Destiny by Richard Siddoway seems like an interesting book. I'm too picky about science fiction books. In that case, I will skip this book but I will recommend it. Congratulations to the author on the BOTD. Great review!
Books are beautiful.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”