Official Review: The Elements of Nature Book 1

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Unspoken Things The Inlightenment by Wilfred Thomas

Official Review: The Elements of Nature Book 1

Post by That Reviewer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Elements of Nature Book 1" by Antonio Stiener.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Elements of Nature: Book One: Arriving on Amabala by Antonio Stiener is a fantasy novel that entertains young children while educating them. The idea of bringing the periodic table to life for little children is a good one, even though we don't see much of them in this book. Maybe they'll come out in the other books following this one.

The author used things that resonate with children and pique their interest to bolster this book's core themes — no school, destroying monsters, rescuing kingdoms and princesses, bravery and magic, and other children fantasies. Every child of reading age will have a swell time reading Stiener's narrative.

The book has a lot to teach other than chemistry. A major theme of the book is teamwork. The kids fight together and for each other. Throughout the book, we can also see it — right from the very beginning, especially with Isabell and the princess. Teamwork makes everybody stronger and better. This is what I like most about this book.

Similar to teamwork is the theme of friendship. The power of friendship is pointed out clearly and is the defining factor in the battle between good and evil.

Another theme that stood out is that of courage. The children exhibit bravery to face the challenges they encounter.

It also emphasizes forgiveness and letting go of past wrongs. Every bad guy in the book has unforgiveness and resentment as a driving force. However, things always get better when people forgive each other. This is a beautiful lesson to teach children.

The author has managed to create an exciting world for children, where they can escape and imagine themselves carrying out heroic feats. He put a lot of detail and description into it without stretching out the book for too long and risking it becoming too bland.

Since this book is part of a series, he manages to conclude this first part. However, he leaves a cliffhanger that will arouse the reader's curiosity to look for the other books in the series.

Sadly, this book isn't without flaws. Apart from the storyline, it doesn't have much to offer in terms of intrigue. The author completely fails to create any suspense, and some parts of the book seem rather anticlimactic and predictable.

To my utmost disappointment, I found many unexpected errors in the book. For a short book like this, I expected a flawless and error-free book. The number of mistakes I saw compared to the book's volume made me believe this book was not professionally edited. Therefore, I rate it three out of four stars. I'd recommend it to teenage kids and anyone who loves adventurous stories.

The Elements of Nature Book 1
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
TCG
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tcg.html
Latest Review: The Jewels Of The Rainbow by H.F. Snyder

Post by TCG »

This another interesting child book that bolsters children's mindset and give them useful lessons. Great work.
derialist
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-derialist.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by derialist »

I think that for a children's book elements like suspense and predictability isn't of great importance. What I love about it is that it teaches children about the right ideals such as teamwork, which becomes more important in later stages of life.
Charles Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-smith.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Charles Smith »

The idea of indoctrinating children about the periodic table since their young age is pretty efficient. I really applaud the author for this great work! Thank you for the review.
Luluwa79
Favorite Book: Peter and the Parachute
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luluwa79.html
Latest Review: Peter and the Parachute by Nicola Ridgeway and James Manning

Post by Luluwa79 »

Wow.. what a great educational book for children to read and learn from.
Moral lessons like friendship, forgiveness, teamwork amongst others are necessary for children.
Nice review.
Always seek God in all your dealings and He will help you find the right path.
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

Kids books don't appeal to me that much. Anyway, it seems like one I would recommend for my niece. Notably, there's friendship and forgiveness to learn. These two are gems nowadays. Thanks for the review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

Novels suitable for introducing kids to fantasy are good, but for a book targeted to young readers it's even more important that grammar and punctuation are correct. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

I like that the book promotes team work in kids. I'm intrigued by how the author teaches introduces the periodic table to children. I only knew it by heart at high school level. Thanks for the review
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Eutoc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eutoc.html
Latest Review: My Ups And Downs by Sam Barder

Post by Eutoc »

An awesome review. For a book tagged as children's book it has a lot to teach both children and adults. Thanks for your honest review.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Harty Muli »

I like this kid's story for combining elements of chemistry. Nnice review.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Bertha Jackson »

This book sounds like a good science fiction for children. Thank you for your review.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

I love that children have a lot to learn other than chemistry. Teamwork is very necessary in life because "Together everyone achieves more" Thanks for this great review.
HannahsReads
Currently Reading: An Imperfect Crime
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahsreads.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by HannahsReads »

I agree that it is great to see positive elements like teamwork in a children's book. Thanks for your review!
Ogbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86

Post by Ogbara »

It's books like this that give children the basic moral values of life.
MURANGA9
Currently Reading: The Christmas Wish
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muranga9.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by MURANGA9 »

Despite having errors, I love the fact that the book is trying to instil good values like teamwork and forgiveness to children. Such a great review. This is definitely a good book

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”