Official Review: Omega Crisis, book 1 of the Gemini Gate ...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Official Review: Omega Crisis, book 1 of the Gemini Gate ...

Post by Acwoolet »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Omega Crisis, book 1 of the Gemini Gate series" by Steven E Wilde.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Global terrorism and international conspiracies abound in this action thriller with a bit of science fiction thrown in. When nuclear warfare turns from a rumor into a reality, things get quite dicey for those living on American soil. The question is who’s the mastermind behind it and can they be stopped? Omega Crisis (Gemini Gate book 1) written by Steven E. Wilde will leave you on your toes begging for more.

Dr. Amos Blund, a brilliant doctor and scientist, is on the brink of a huge breakthrough in his research when he gets the call from his old friend, the President of the United States, Gregory McCormick. As President McCormick and Dr. Blund work together on the nuclear warfare issue, Blund becomes convinced that the nuclear detonation becomes unavoidable. Dr. Blund abandons his research to escape with family, angering both friends and neighbors in his getaway, leaving the rest of the world to escape with more conventional means.

I was completely enthralled by this book from the very beginning, I couldn't put it down and ended up finishing it in just a couple sittings. The primary characters were intriguing, likable, and very dynamic, I was rooting for them from the beginning. The secondary characters added the perfect flair, and were full of surprises, while the antagonists were so well written that I fully enjoyed hating them in all of their annoying glory. I felt like I was traveling through the country with Blund and his family, with the scenery breezing by. While the dialog kept me hooked with its wittiness and its nuggets of scientific wisdom.

Honestly, I think that the only thing I didn’t like about the book was that it had to end, especially on the huge cliffhanger that it did. It left me a bit frustrated, wanting to know what came about for Dr. Blund’s family and the rest of the United States! However, at the same time, it made me just as eager for the next novel in the series. Without any sort of sexual innuendos or foul language, I believe that it would be a good book for most ages, although some of the scenes surrounding the Blund family escape and nuclear detonation were a bit intense for younger readers.

With its spell-binding adventure and jaw-dropping cliff hangers, I wholeheartedly give Omega Crisis a 4 out of 4 stars. I feel like anyone looking for a well-written sci-fi action novel will find themselves completely immersed in this book. With its clean written nature, I believe that it would be a great novel for older teens and adults wanting an escape from reality.

Omega Crisis, book 1 of the Gemini Gate series
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

A book about the present world, thanks for the nicely written review.
TCG
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tcg.html
Latest Review: The Jewels Of The Rainbow by H.F. Snyder

Post by TCG »

Someone will always be responsible for evil in the world. Nice review.
Vidhi Vadhar
Currently Reading: Chanakya and the Art of Getting Rich
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-vadhar.html
Latest Review: The Turn by Matthew Tysz

Post by Vidhi Vadhar »

You have written a great review. As I am mostly interested in Sci-fi, and C/H/T/M books, I am sure I would not want to skip this series of books! Thanks for the recommendation.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

I hope a nuclear war remains in the science fiction realm! I'm not sure I want to read such a catastrophic novel right now. Regardless, thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 757
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Life at the Precipice by R.F. Vincent

Post by Bertha Jackson »

Global terrorism and nuclear warfare make for an action packed story. Thank you for your review.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Clare Jose
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clare-jose.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Clare Jose »

While the book looks well-written, I personally don't enjoy science fiction and will be skipping today's book. But I'm sure the book can be a delight for the right readers.
Thanks for a great review.
Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile."
John Owen
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Post by John Owen »

I love thriller books that are action-packed. I agree terrorisms is a widespread menace today, so yes, I think this book will appeal to many people.
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your review. This seems like a book that addresses modern terrorism, with Al-Qaeda, Russia, North Korea, and nuclear bombs involved.
Dr Chocha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dr-chocha.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Dr Chocha »

This sounds awesome. Action coated with science. Thanks for the wonderful review, I can't wait to fist my imaginations on this one.
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

I usually don't read catastrophic novels. However, the dynamic characters and cliffhangers enthralls me. I enjoyed reading your review. Thanks for the amazing review.
Rbbhuncho
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Rbbhuncho »

The book really decribes the present world.A science fiction lover like me thats a thumbs up.Thanks for your review.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Good to know that antagonists were written well. As they should be annoying in general and this kind of themed books. Not sure this is a genre for me but this is an amazing review.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Michelle Menezes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

I don't read books with terrorism and conspiracies, so I'll be skipping this one. Although, I do wonder how the story proceeds after Dr. Blund escapes with his family. I'm not fond of cliffhangers either, but this does come across as a well-written book, so people who like genre may enjoy it. Thank you for the review!
PeterRabitt20
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

I like the blend of sci-fi with realistic fiction. It sounds like an exciting story. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”