Official Review: Raptor by C.E. Foy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Official Review: Raptor by C.E. Foy

Post by Menace Crypto »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Raptor" by C.E. Foy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Science Fiction is one genre of literature that offers an intense thrilling experience, but Raptor by C.E. Foy brings total excitement to the minds of readers. It has a compelling storyline involving several planets, systems, technological advancement, and invasive species. The book contains 476 pages and 25 chapters.

General Marcus Silcon, a Galactic High Council Advisor, suddenly declares war on the galaxy. The general had previously requested to have the S.T.A.L. (Super Technologically Advanced Laser) gun program sped up. He insisted that all Space Core and Alliance ships should be fitted with this highly destructive laser weapon. He couldn’t give a valid reason for his demands so he was turned down. General Silcon’s war began with the attack on the Bar-Curas system where he was engaged in a fierce battle with Admiral Jago Zieden of the Martian Alliance. Craig Storm, a cadet in the S.H.T.T. academy is sent alongside two of his friends to infiltrate the ranks of General Silcon. Admiral Jago Zieden also goes rogue in a bid to put an end to the war and stop General Silcon. Grab a copy of this book to find out why General Silcon suddenly declares war on his galaxy, and what role Craig Storm and Admiral Jago Zieden has to play in the war.

I enjoyed reading this book. The storyline was captivating and it gave a mind-blowing experience. The inclusion of not only several planets but several systems and species made the plot complex but hilarious. The way the story flowed was also fantastic, the story unfolded slowly in a well-paced and smooth manner. The structuring was also superb. It was divided into chapters, and each chapter had subheadings that gave the system, planet, and time which events occurred. This made the reader to have a good understanding of things, and to also establish a timeline for the occurrence of events. The book also contained enough suspense and the element of surprise to keep the reader buried in the storyline. The action scenes were one of the things I enjoyed in the book, the author gave very vivid descriptions of space battles, gunfights, and hand to hand combats.

I did find the role of the raptors in the book somewhat minimal. Although the book ended with a hint of a sequel, I felt that the raptors should have been more involved in the battle, but that wasn’t the case. Nevertheless, the book was well-written. The characterization was excellent and the descriptions in the book were well-detailed. I also think that the novel would be perfect for a movie adaptation. My favorite character in the book is Craig Storm. I admire his strength, bravery, and wits. The scene that got my attention the most was when Joel volunteered to pilot the Rust Bucket into the Victory, it was just too emotional.

I only found a few errors in the book which shows that it was professionally edited. The author’s writing style was fantastic and unique. The language used in the book was also simple, so I’m rating Raptor 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to lovers of sci-fi novels and tales of intergalactic space travels.

Raptor
View: on Bookshelves
Cynthia Olyy
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-olyy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cynthia Olyy »

I like how you put it—Raptor brings total excitement to the minds of readers. I'll certainly check this one out.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

A big story at galactic level with suspense and twists seems a must-read as I like science fiction. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
HannahsReads
Currently Reading: An Imperfect Crime
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahsreads.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by HannahsReads »

This sounds like a thrilling space opera! Thanks for your detailed review.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Who doesn't love a good space battle? I love to discover new science fiction book, and your review piqued my interest. Thank you for your time!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”