Official Review: SuperPower: The Ability to Fly or to Bec...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
glubglub200
Currently Reading: The Giver
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glubglub200.html
Latest Review: Mr. Germ by Itzel Machado

Official Review: SuperPower: The Ability to Fly or to Bec...

Post by glubglub200 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "SuperPower: The Ability to Fly or to Become Invisible" by Roger E. Pedersen.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

SuperPower: The Ability to Fly or to Become Invisible by Roger E. Pedersen is a power move of a story. What would you do if suddenly one day you had the power to either fly or become invisible? Most likely not join together with other powerful people to steal expensive paintings for rich buyers, but that's what happens in this story with the help of a mastermind named Professor Steele. The drama doesn’t end there, as the head of the Department of Defense Genetically Enhanced Initiative comes after the group.

The overall storyline was fascinating and came close to being the thing I liked the most, but what my actual favorite thing ended up being was how easy the writing was to read. The words had a larger font, and while it took up more of the page, it made reading less complicated. It was about as easy to read as a children's book, but with content that was more adult. I also liked the main plot of the story and how it was about normal people becoming less average after they earned SuperPowers. It was interesting to see how these newfound powers changed people and how differently each person handled having them.

This was a unique read, but not many books are exempt from having at least one thing problematic about them. While I liked how big the words were, I disliked how the content seemed to be a bit bland and slow at times. It’s understandable that at the beginning of a story, it takes a while for the action to begin, but it seemed to take a long time before the book started becoming interesting. Now I can’t say I didn’t like the story, but there were times it could have been better, such as how chapter two should have spent more time on who Michele was rather than describing her jumps so much or how chapter four should have had more emotion displayed when Glen found his father. There was a big problem with making the reader feel something because half the time, the descriptions of the events that were supposed to cause emotion weren’t all that descriptive. Other than that, the storyline was heading in the right direction.

I would suggest this book to comic book fans as there were plenty of superpowers to read about throughout the story.

I give the book 2 out of 4 stars because while the book had a great storyline and kept the reader just entertained enough to keep reading, the content left something to be desired. I wouldn’t say it was professionally edited as there were a lot of punctuation errors. Even though I gave the book a pretty low score, I would still suggest that readers give it a chance.

SuperPower: The Ability to Fly or to Become Invisible
View: on Bookshelves
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
2021 Reading Goal: 60
Currently Reading: Dissidence
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Reality Games by Tom Reissmann

Post by NetMassimo »

A shame about the flaws as, otherwise, it would be a funny novel. Maybe another round of editing to improve the bland parts and proofread it would make it significantly better. Thank you for your honest review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Unique Ego
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading: The Demon of the Well
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-ego.html
Latest Review: The Tales of Little Lady M by Diego Di Mauro

Post by Unique Ego »

I've always wanted super powers, although I'll choose invisibility over flying any day. I'd like to see what happens to these individuals that decide to use their powers for evil.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”