Official Review: The Eyes in the Cloud by J.E. Outram

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
emeraldlaurice012
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeraldlaurice012.html
Latest Review: Poetic Thoughts of a Young Lion in the Asphalt Jungle by Steven Ederson Sr

Official Review: The Eyes in the Cloud by J.E. Outram

Post by emeraldlaurice012 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Eyes in the Cloud" by J.E. Outram.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In The Eyes in the Cloud, J.E. Outram takes us to a world where everyone’s lives revolve around technology. Jason Albright’s story started with a major disturbance to their communications system. Everyone’s day was disrupted. The people in his office are panicking, his children can’t access their games, and his car won’t function. Since there’s nothing to do, Jason thought it would do no harm to take a nap in his car. He couldn’t be more wrong. Jason woke up to the face of a beautiful woman. He was intrigued, but more so when Leah took her to a new world: a virtual world. Turns out, the disturbance was not just that. It’s a virus, and Jason is the only one who can fight it.

The thing that I liked most about this book is its concept. There is a world within a world. In the cloud, there lives a whole other society. Some people who die in the real world lives on in the virtual world, as long as there is a record of them in the cloud. It was an interesting concept, and it’s what has pushed me into finishing this book.

I disliked Jason the most. He was a cheater and a hypocrite. He’s easily distracted by a beautiful face and a sexy body. Did I mention he was a cheater? He cheated on his wife with Leah, then he cheated on Leah with another woman, and another after that. Every time he does this, I rage. He even had the nerve to be pissed about his wife sleeping with another guy. Jason had no character development at all in the entirety of this book.

Some parts of the book were a bit technical, but it was explained well. So if you feel confused at some parts, you need only be patient as it will be explained later on in the book. The plot was also fast-paced so it was action-packed. I would recommend this book to readers who want to read a book with a unique concept. On the other hand, I would not recommend this book to readers who prefer reading books that do not involve any cheating.

I encountered a few errors while reading the book. If it were not for the cheating, I would’ve really loved this book. I did not like Jason, and I don’t believe that he deserves the ending that he was given. The concept was intriguing, but the writing was just adequate. In conclusion, I’m giving this book 2 out of 4 stars.

The Eyes in the Cloud
View: on Bookshelves
Fozia RYK
Currently Reading: Scalpels Out
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Fozia RYK »

You have returned the physical world with the aspects of spiritual word as visual world. This is somehow complex for me. Anyway thanks for your detailed review.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Killers’ Therapist by Jonathan David

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

It makes me wonder why the story highlighted the concept of cheating. How do the real world and the virtual world view cheating? Thanks for the insights.
Sararob06
Currently Reading: Anna Karenina
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sararob06.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Sararob06 »

It sounds like Jason was meant to be an unlikeable character. The premise sounds intriguing but if the writing was just adequate I think I’ll pass.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

This is an interesting concept. I would also prefer a hero with character. :D
Thank you for your honest take in this entertaining review!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

Despite your less-than-stellar impression, I'm curious about this novel for the virtual world storyline. Thank you for your honest review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”