Official Review: The Gold Lotus by A.D. Dauphinais

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Official Review: The Gold Lotus by A.D. Dauphinais

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Gold Lotus" by A.D. Dauphinais.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The demon Yaksha receives an immortality boon from Lord Shiva, and he proceeds to wreak havoc on all the fourteen realms, including Earth. Yaksha’s next stop is the Imperial Heavens, where the High Gods dwell. On the advice of the Holy Saint Muniji, the High Gods make supplication to the Creator of all Creations to come to their aid. At the dying minute, the Ultimate Creator hears their prayer. He is born into the world as Kanu, the God of War and Goddess of Compassion’s son. The Mother of all Creations also makes her way to the universe, through a golden lotus flower, as Lada. After they enter the Imperial Realm, the drama begins. Readers will see pure love, self-discovery, deceit, and vengeance.

Usually, when there are too many characters, confusion ensues. But the author wrote the book so that readers have many different characters to root for without the accompanying difficulty in differentiating them. Also, in the end, the writer included a glossary with all the characters and their roles. Apart from Lada and Kanu’s love story, there were other distinct love stories to excite readers. There are Haoren and Hufaing, whose love story started with an interesting misunderstanding. Readers who like reading about feisty women will like Jinhai and Megui. This skill that Dauphinais has shown is amazing.

I must commend the author for the excellent character development. She developed every character to perfection. Every character had a purpose and showed growth. Also, she weaved many different storylines effortlessly. In the beginning, I thought that the novel was a simple classic book of good versus evil, but the author took me to places I never imagined. Many subplots led to the final great battle. Readers will also love the final battle that resolved the overarching plot. What was even more surprising was that I was never tired of the subplots; I loved all of them and wanted more. Each couple’s story will make an excellent Bollywood film.

I had nothing to dislike about this book, its story, and its execution. The Gold Lotus by A. D. Dauphinais was inspired by and derived from Indian Gods, Greek Gods, and even Chinese culture. I found wisdom from Brahma, Muniji, and other Gods. This is a fantasy book, so readers that are too logical or cynical may not like it. The book is not meant for the soft at heart because there is some violence in it.

I cannot rate The Gold Lotus less than 4 out of 4. Even though I found nine errors, the book felt professionally edited. Nine minor errors are not too much, considering that the book has 425 pages. Romance readers will love this novel, even if they don’t like fantasy books. If you like fantasy books but not romance books, there are still interesting battles that you can look forward to. If you like romance and fantasy merged in one, get a copy of this book. I’m sure that you will be obsessed. It seems that there will be other books following this one, and I am excited to see them!

The Gold Lotus
View: on Bookshelves | on Barnes and Noble
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

An intriguing fantasy novel that mixes various religious cultures, ancient and modern. I'll watch for sequels. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

This book has something for everyone, fantasy, romance, and a blend of Ancient culture and religion and yet the author has managed to balance every element such that it doesn’t come off as over-ambitious also I must commend the reviewer as he did an awesome job writing this review as it’s straightforward and also well written.
Gbemisola Akinremi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35

Post by Gbemisola Akinremi »

For it's romance, twist and turns, and maybe the fantasy aspect, I'll love to give it a try. Plus the review was well written. Thank you
Sethu Anbu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sethu-anbu.html
Latest Review: Trade Crash by Bruce Aitken and Ngosong Fonkem

Post by Sethu Anbu »

Your review did a good job in explaining the book. The book sounds interesting.
nikechi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikechi.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by nikechi »

Normally, I'm not a fan of fantasy books, but the reviewer explained that the book is a blend of several genres. This made me understand that I might actually like the review since it doesn't concentrate too much on one particular genre.
Thank you for such an awesome review :tiphat:
Let peace reign in the chaos :reading-4:
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

Thank you for sharing this beautiful review. I will definitely be on the lookout for this book.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”