Official Review: Rebirth by Tony Horan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Official Review: Rebirth by Tony Horan

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Rebirth" by Tony Horan.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Steve is CEO and 51% owner of the multi-billion dollar Mercury Corporation and is married to Paula, a surgeon, and has a daughter, Anita. They live in a wealthy and loving world. Steve develops a matchbox size battery that does not use gas and oil. President Salim of Saudi Arabia is concerned about oil and gas prices dropping due to this new battery. The livelihood of Saudi Arabia is dependent upon the revenues derived from oil and gas. He plants a Pakistanian scientist, Ahmed Khan, into the Mercury Corporation. King Ismail wants production of the battery stopped, and the only way they can do this is to discredit Steve. Someone enters Steve’s hotel room in New York, and Paula and Anita are both murdered, and Steve is blamed, convicted, and sent to death row. Steve proclaims his innocence and wonders what happened to his perfect wealthy life with a family he dearly loved. Was King Ismail involved in the murder? Did Steve kill his family?

There are a few things I liked in particular about the book, Rebirth by Tony Horan. Firstly, in the first few chapters, the author switches back in forth between David and Steve revealing their histories. These few chapters showed the connection between all the characters. Secondly, I liked the development of the characters by the author. The characters had strength and determination in solving the mystery revolving around the murder of Steve’s wife and daughter. Finally, the author has a vast amount of knowledge concerning Middle East morals and customs. The inequality and lack of respect for Saudi Arabian women are prevalent throughout their interactions.

The was only one thing I disliked about this book. I would have liked to have seen more information about the aftermath and impact of Steve’s execution. I cannot pinpoint what I expected, but this part of the story seems disconnected and incomplete.

Regardless of this one disappointing part, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this action-packed, fast-paced, and well-written book. I only found one small error in this short book. This error did not distract from my reading pleasure, and the lack of errors indicates that this is a professionally-edited book. For these reasons, I gladly give this book 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend this book to teenagers and older who like science fiction books. There is some borderline and mild sexual content, but it probably will not be offensive to most readers. The sexual content leaves most of the experience to the imagination of the reader.

Rebirth
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This mix of science fiction and crime thriller seems intriguing and realistic considering that new technologies that disrupt established industries might really be at the center of conspiracies to bury them. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Thank you for your review! This does sound pretty good and unlike anything I've read before. I must say, I am intrigued.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

Science fiction is usually riveting. I bet Steve's story isn't any different. Thanks for your insightful review.
GreatReviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greatreviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by GreatReviews »

the book's storyline sounds intringuing to me. Also, I'm pleased that the book is fart-paced. Well done on your analytical review
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

Sometimes one's perfect life and family can all come crumbling from a single act of outsiders or strangers. Great review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”