Official Review: The Elder Scrolls - Žaneta’s Chro...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Official Review: The Elder Scrolls - Žaneta’s Chro...

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Elder Scrolls - Žaneta’s Chronicles" by A. L. Zuniga.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Elder Scrolls - Žaneta’s Chronicles by A. L. Zuniga is Part One of the Vvardenfell series. Vvardenfell is a land of unique races. Zaneta and her husband, Sandrew, have two children and are like any happy family. She works as a smith, and he works at the sawmill in the town of Balmora. Zaneta’s race has characteristics more familiar with cats than people. Sandrew’s race consists of large and dark-skinned people. Tai, their 10-year-old son, takes more after his mother’s race and their 5-year-old daughter, Marzira, takes after her father. Both children go to school like all children. One day while Zaneta is at work, their home is attacked, Sandrew is murdered, and the two children are kidnapped. Knowing she can never return to her home, she burns it to the ground before going after her children. Not knowing where or who has taken her children, will she be able to find them? Can she fight the murderers and kidnappers alone? Are the children still alive? Join Zaneta’s journey to find out the answers.

I like multiple things about this book. Firstly, the author starts the book with a map of Vvardenfell to help the reader picture the distances Zaneta has to travel across Vvardenfell. Secondly, there are illustrations of the characters that show how the different races look. Thirdly, through the author’s descriptions, the reader can sense the characters' emotions of fear, pain, impatience, and frustration. Finally, there are lessons to be learned in this book. My favorite is “focus on the task at hand” when dealing with a difficult situation. This lesson is true in our world today.

There is only one thing I dislike about this book. There are so many different races that I found it challenging to keep them straight. The races' names and characteristics were foreign to me, and I kept mixing them up.

This book is a fast-paced, well-written, and professionally-edited book. There were only three small, non-distracting errors in the entire book. I gladly give this book 4 out of 4 stars. I did not give the book three stars because the errors were so minor they could have easily been overlooked by a professional editor.

I recommend this book to teenagers and older readers who like science fiction or fantasy books. The profanity content is borderline and should not be offensive to most readers. The only thing that might be offensive to sensitive readers is the battles. Some of the battles are graphic and gory. I look forward to reading Part 2 of this series.

The Elder Scrolls - Žaneta’s Chronicles
View: on Bookshelves
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

It is unimaginable the thoughg of having your children kidnapped. The bravery showed in pursuing their abductors however must be applauded. Great review.
Jennifer Aldo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-aldo.html
Latest Review: War Tower by Joseph Leo DeCelle

Post by Jennifer Aldo »

This is definitely for adventure lovers. I like the feel of the book. I would love to read about the many challenges she encountered on the quest to save her children.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

I thought this was going to be based on Skyrim, a game. I am extremely intrigued. I wonder if they are related. I would love to read this book. Thank you for your review.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
LeighBee
Currently Reading: Mistborn
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leighbee.html
Latest Review: To Own Two Suns by F. E. Tabor

Post by LeighBee »

I'm not a gamer, but my husband might be interested in this because I remember the name Elder Scrolls from his talking about, as RayRuff said, Skyrim. The book sounds completely different though, so I'm guessing this is a coincidence or an accidental borrowing. I prefer when a book makes me work a little so it sounds like I would enjoy learning about all the different races. Thank you for your review.
Dartemis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dartemis.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by Dartemis »

This sounds like an interesting book. From the setting, the different races, and the characters themselves, I might have to check this out in the future. Thank you for the review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a thrilling story considering that children get kidnapped. The world-building seems amazing. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

The name reminded me of the video game, but your review clearly explains that this book has no relation to it.
onyii_review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyii-review.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by onyii_review »

Sounds like a unique concept too. Thanks for the review.
Uzzy_Reviews

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”