Official Review: Impermanent Universe by Vern Buzarde

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Official Review: Impermanent Universe by Vern Buzarde

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Impermanent Universe" by Vern Buzarde.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is a re-review of this book. Nothing changed in the book's storyline. Hence, my comments didn't change. However, my initial rating changed, as the book had undergone another round of professional editing

Impermanent Universe by Vern Buzarde is a futuristic science fiction that explores the idea of a computer that has a consciousness similar to that of humans but on a higher level.

Tess Carrillo is contacted to help create a sentient computer. This computer will have the ability to feel, think independently, and operate on a consciousness similar to humans. Everything goes as planned, and Prajna, the sentient computer, is born. However, out of the blue, the computer starts networking with another dimension. Trouble looms, and the uncertainty that comes with this new development makes the creators go berserk. Will Tess salvage the situation? What fate awaits humanity? Find out in this gripping, tech-centered novel.

This book incorporated science fiction and fantasy in a way that made me wish the events were real. Following the story from Tess's point of view, I could see the narrative build gradually till it hit its climax. There was never a dull moment throughout the read.

Vern Buzarde brilliantly captivated my mind by entwining a series of dramatic events within the book. The book had a lot of suspense that made it more exciting. The author wrote in such a manner that I couldn't help but flow with the book's activities. It felt like I was one of the characters, and I even felt an overwhelming sense of panic along with Tess when Prajna initially tried rewriting its code. I felt the tension building, the rush of blood, and the whole frenzy that the incident aroused. The author spared no words in describing every detail. Overall, this was a rollercoaster experience.

The language used in writing the book was simple and easy to read. Even though it contained only a few ambiguous words like "nebulous," "volatility," and "recursive," I didn't find it difficult to understand them, as they were self-explanatory in the sentences they occurred. However, I looked up some of them to make sure they fit into context — and they did.

The storyline is unique, as I've read other science fiction books but haven't seen a plot precisely like this one. This makes it stand out from other books in this genre that I've read.

Well, this book contained a few grammatical errors. However, they didn't detract from my enjoyment of the book. Therefore, I'd rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. It was an exciting and captivating read. I would recommend the book to all lovers of futuristic science fiction.

Impermanent Universe
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

Sounds like fun, I'll be reading this next.
Sakura5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakura5.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sakura5 »

I really love science fiction and this sounds like a very interesting book, thank you for the review!
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

I'd love to read this one. It sounds interesting and scary. It's good to see that the author heeded your recommendation and edited the book. Congrats on a stellar review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

I'm so curious about this book. I'm mesmerized by the cover, but the plot also sounds captivating. Thank you for the beautiful review!
K+SQUARE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-square.html
Latest Review: The King of May by Matthew Tysz

Post by K+SQUARE »

A machine trying to rewrite its code... Now that is the beginning of a large scale panic :D. Excellent review.
MarveeAman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marveeaman.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by MarveeAman »

"Sentient computer" sounds intriguing and a little bit scary too :D. Good review.
Alheotuci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alheotuci.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Alheotuci »

This seems to be an exciting book.
Great review!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

It's great to see authors doing follow-up rounds of editing to improve their works, in this case, it looks like the result is excellent. Thank you for your great (re)review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Smmwallace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smmwallace.html
Latest Review: Cosmander and The Crown by Meade Summers

Post by Smmwallace »

I love reading sci-fi, and this one sounds gripping and exciting. Your excellent review has me adding this book to my want-to-read shelf. Thank you!
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Sounds like a very interesting book! And it has been e-edited which is great.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Njatha77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njatha77.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Njatha77 »

I'm a Computer Science student and I find topics in Artificial Intelligence fascinating. Given your recommendation (and rating!), I'm definitely checking this one out.
"Difficulty keeps it interesting!"

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”