Official Review: The Chest of Visions: New Pathways 'Cros...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MayorE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayore.html
Latest Review: Remarkably Intact by Celia Belt

Official Review: The Chest of Visions: New Pathways 'Cros...

Post by MayorE »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Chest of Visions: New Pathways 'Cross Broken Highways" by Tim Ferguson.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wondered if there is life outside Earth? Are there other planets with human beings and creatures like Earth? I know for sure such thoughts have crossed my mind. If there is, do they know about God? Do we serve the same Christian God? In this book, The Chest Of Visions: New Pathways ‘Cross Broken Highways, the author, Tim Ferguson, takes us through an absorbing story of another universe, Caperston, and its relationship with Earth. This book is a Christian science-fiction novel and is a sequel to The Chest Of Visions: Secrets Of Caperston but can act as a stand-alone.

This book is written as a series of emails between teenagers in Caperston and Earth. The story continues after some occurrences in Caperston, such as the teachings of a man called Chihaysu, and the death of Mattpaul, a former follower of Chihaysu. Matt Paul’s father, Sav-ed, is scared he would lose his only daughter Rachaeling, who he thought would also become Chihaysu’s follower. Was his suspicion correct? The story develops with Alex, a youth from Earth who finds it hard to move on after losing his best friend. He eventually traveled through a wormhole in space to Caperston, where he learned a lot and also helped in ways he could. Alex got engulfed in the happenings of Caperston that he was torn apart between remaining in Caperston with his new friends and returning home to his Earth friends and family.

This series was penned from the point of view of the youths. Because of the writing style, which was the pen-pal style, I felt the book would be a little bit monotonous, but I am glad to report that this was not the case. This writing style allows the characters to express their thoughts to the fullest. I am impressed with how the author was able to pass a lot of information without confusing readers. The plot begins gradually, but as the story unfolds, the pace quickens, and a lot begins to happen on both planets. Certain events in the book were likened to events that occurred in the Bible, such as the conversion of Paul in the Bible and Sav-ed in the story, the temptations of Jesus Christ, and that of Chihaysu in the book, making it very easy for Christians to relate to this publication.

The book is also arranged in an orderly fashion beginning with a table of content, listing each chapter together with their headings, as well as dates the letter was written and ended with story studies and an epilogue.

My favorite part of the book was the lesson I learned about forgiveness. This lesson on forgiveness is thought-provoking and made an impact on me. Lessons learned could be used in empowering kids, youths, and even adults. I also loved the illustrations by Jose Carlos Gutierrez. It helped paint vivid pictures in my head throughout my read.

I did not dislike anything about the book. I will suggest another round of editing because I encountered up to ten grammatical errors. Hence, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars, and I recommend it to Christians in general.

The Chest of Visions: New Pathways 'Cross Broken Highways
View: on Bookshelves
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

Forgiveness is very vital and sets one free. Sometimes, we forgive not for the person that wronged us but for our inner peace. Thanks for an insightful review.
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

This sounds like an interesting topic. Thank you for the well-written review!
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your interesting review. This sci-fi book seems to contain a lot of information and is mixed well with the religious aspects. I wonder if Rachaeling and Alex will become friends and help Caperston.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

It's interesting how sci-fi is mixed with religion in this book. It does make me curious, but I don't like to read books that include a lot of religion. Spectacular review though! :D Great job.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I also find it interesting how a science fiction book has been combined with religion. It sounds like an interesting book. Thanks for your wonderful review!
MayorE
Currently Reading:

Post by MayorE »

Chigo Nwagboso wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 10:09 Forgiveness is very vital and sets one free. Sometimes, we forgive not for the person that wronged us but for our inner peace. Thanks for an insightful review.
Exactly!!! Forgiveness they say benefits the wronged more than the culprit
MayorE
Currently Reading:

Post by MayorE »

Chigo Nwagboso wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 10:09 Forgiveness is very vital and sets one free. Sometimes, we forgive not for the person that wronged us but for our inner peace. Thanks for an insightful review.
Exactly!!! Forgiveness they say benefits the wronged more than the culprit. Thanks for your comment
MayorE
Currently Reading:

Post by MayorE »

Marcel Cantu wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 14:02 This sounds like an interesting topic. Thank you for the well-written review!
Thank you for stopping by
MayorE
Currently Reading:

Post by MayorE »

RayRuff wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 14:33 It's interesting how sci-fi is mixed with religion in this book. It does make me curious, but I don't like to read books that include a lot of religion. Spectacular review though! :D Great job.
Thank you for commenting on my review
MayorE
Currently Reading:

Post by MayorE »

Prisallen wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 07:48 I also find it interesting how a science fiction book has been combined with religion. It sounds like an interesting book. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Yes it is really fascinating. Thanks for stopping by

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”