Official Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 611
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 58%

Re: Official Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Rulers of the Galaxy is a science fiction novel with a plot bordering on intergalactic warfare between planets. One of the main characters, Salarin, wakes up in the middle of a battle with amnesia. Not able to remember who she is or her mission there, she tries to find safety. Meanwhile, the high minister of the Imperials is determined to take over Elemental's land. Things are in his favor, but a turn in events might throw a spanner in his well-built plans. Will he succeed? Will Salarin find herself? Find out by reading Rulers of the Galaxy.

Rulers of the Galaxy was an exciting book with surprises and twists. Tayma Tameem sure went all out in putting the element of surprise in this book. Bosco, who I believed to be just a raider, wasn't who I thought he was. At the time of writing this review, I was still in awe, trying to come to terms with all the twists and turns.

A wonderful book about intergalactic warfare between planets. Rulers of the Galaxy was an exciting book with twists and surprises. Excellent official review. Reminds me of Star Wars.
Jennifer Garcia 555
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-garcia-555.html
Latest Review: Somebody’s Watching You by Robin D'Amato

Post by Jennifer Garcia 555 »

I am a fan of sci-fi but I do not like when the book starts slow. I do like that it has a lot of twists and turns.
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” — L. M. Montgomery
Tosdam1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Tosdam1 »

I enjoy sci-fi as movie than reading.
But the reviews is great
Ebubechinwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebubechinwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ebubechinwaogazie »

It must have been a tough one for salarin to wake up with amnesia in the middle of a battle. I hope she was able to pull through. Congrats on being the book of the day.
Gemjay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gemjay.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Gemjay »

The book sounds interesting. I really enjoy reading science fiction books and this one has caught my attention. What happens to Salarin? I'd love to read and find out. Great review of the book.
MayorE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayore.html
Latest Review: Remarkably Intact by Celia Belt

Post by MayorE »

I love books with twists and turns, keeps me interested and wanting more. Congratulations on book of the day.
Kebble
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebble.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Kebble »

Growing up, i have always been a huge fan of science fiction. I enjoyed letting my imagination run wild into worlds beyond our own. This book, to me, is a reminder of the simpler times. Times when i would sit for hours on end in front of the TV screen in admiration of the creativity and remarkable works of art. I will definitely enjoy reading this book. Thank you for sharing.
Nikkisails01
Currently Reading: The bulletproof missionary
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkisails01.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nikkisails01 »

Generally, I am not a fan of science fiction books and to be honest, this book did not really grab my attention after the first few pages I read. However, I have read the review done by one of the online book club reviewers and have added it to my list of books to read as I have possibly misjudged it.
Estyluv
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Estyluv »

I like the fact that you did not give up reading the book. Eventually, your perseverance was rewarded as you felt your interest heightened. Thanks for the review.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

I love science fiction and am intrigued with the idea of Salarin waking up in the middle of a battle without knowing who she is or what her mission is. However, if the book’s first few chapters aren’t gripping—in this case, because the story lines just aren’t coming together—-for the reader, I’m not sure if it’s for me. Still, thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3047
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

This sounds fascinating. I am glad that the review highlights the slow build-up of momentum, which will encourage readers to read on expecting an exciting experience ahead. Thanks for the fantastic review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Post by Peace Odii »

Sounds like a protagonist novel. Salarin would be an interesting character to read.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

I admire the characters in the book. Also, the twist and plots in the book is one to look up to. I will love to read this book. Nice review.
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Goodness C N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-c-n.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by Goodness C N »

I can understand that you weren't able to relate with certain characters. However, in some books it takes time to be able to link characters and really understand what they represent. That's when reading in details comes in. Congratulations on the book of the day.
Qer
Currently Reading: Immigrant Hustle
Bookshelf Size: 87

Post by Qer »

I like the honest review. Salarin sounds like an interesting character to follow. The story of the new born prince in whose hands lay the fate of his planet and is being sort after by galaxias enemies sounds quite familiar. Interested to know how the story ends.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”