Official Review: No Time To Waste by Kordel Lentine

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Erin Dydek
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Shadowborn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 328
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin-dydek.html
Latest Review: Northern Umbrage by Dennis Lorenz Ph.D.

Official Review: No Time To Waste by Kordel Lentine

Post by Erin Dydek »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "No Time To Waste" by Kordel Lentine.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Terrance Brown is back, and not just in a sequel. After returning from the future unscathed—well, mostly unscathed—he's reasonably sure that life will return to normal. Unfortunately, his not-so-subtle return has left behind enough evidence to incriminate him in the disappearance of Stanley Herbert George. While authorities make their best effort to puzzle together the strange clues found in Stanley's room, Terrance takes advantage of the futuristic virtual reality glasses he brought back.

Teaming up with Blaire Reynolds, cheerleader extraordinaire and Terrance's best friend, he initiates a virtual reality tournament called Football Field Games. But the "goggle glasses" have more to offer than a set of the most realistic graphics and interactive gameplay ever invented. Within the recording of Terrance's trip to the future, Blaire uncovers a threat that indicates Stanley will be back to make Terrance pay for his incompetence. The search for Stanley's lab and a solution begins, but Terrance's experiments with time travel will take him to a destination he never imagined. Will Terrance be willing to pay the price for the course of action he chooses?

No Time to Waste, by Kordel Lentine, is the second book of the From Under the Sun Series. After a hilarious adventure with Terrance, Stanley, and Blaire in Beyond the Bowling Ball Bombing, I was eager to see what happened next with the three travelers. As expected, Terrance continued to make dastardly mistakes with his time-travel calculations, and the lessons he learned were all the more valuable because of those mistakes.

I love the themes in this series and how they focus on taking responsibility for your actions, learning from mistakes, appreciating what you have, and making choices that won't corrupt your character. The author uses the first half of this book to emphasize how wonderful Terrance's life is through his healthy relationship with Blaire, as well as the bonds he shares with his parents. I enjoyed how the friendship between Blaire and Terrance developed with each character noticing the positive traits in the other. I also appreciated the encouragement and support that Blaire offered throughout the story. Her steadfast loyalty and intuitive nature contrasted with Terrance's ultimate decision to pursue unhealthy motives in a way that made the outcome of the second half of the book both painful and profound.

I found nothing to dislike about this novel. Professionally edited and engaging to read, Terrance's journey left me with some insightful parting thoughts. This series is a three-part story, so you need to read Beyond the Bowling Ball Bombing, book one in the series, to understand the significance of the events in this sequel. While this book has a conclusive and thought-provoking ending, there are some unanswered questions that I look forward to see addressed in the final novel. I enjoyed reviewing the paperback edition and was pleased with its aesthetic cover and exceptionally well-formatted pages. Therefore, I have no reason to give No Time to Waste anything other than four out of four stars.

I highly recommend this book to readers who enjoy time travel adventures with life lessons. I'd also recommend this to parents looking for clean reads for their tweens and teens. From Under the Sun is undoubtedly a series that will appeal to your inner nerd and is a rewarding read.

No Time To Waste
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I’m not a fan of fiction but because of books like No Time To Waste, I might rethink my literary taste.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Tine travel is still a dream. But Maybe in the near future we would have goggle glasses. The story sounds good but a bit confusing, did Terrance kill someone? Thank you for the review.
MarveeAman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marveeaman.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by MarveeAman »

I am huge fan of fantasy but I think this book is for younger audience. Thanks for the review!
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

I was drawn in by the dinosaur on the cover and am not disappointed so far. I haven’t read the first book but they sound fun and adventurous. Thanks for the great review!
Athira MG
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athira-mg.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Athira MG »

I really appreciate an honest review when I see one. Nice work.
Wildflowertheorist
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildflowertheorist.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Wildflowertheorist »

The book seems fun!
I liked reading your review. Thank you!
"When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Holly Fleming
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holly-fleming.html
Latest Review: Beyond by Ruth Mitchell

Post by Holly Fleming »

This sounds like an engaging read! I need to check out the first book in the series. Great review!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a novel that uses a lot of humor to address serious topics. Probably I'm too old for this series, but it seems terrific for young readers. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”