Official Review: Storming the Castle by Kordel Lentine

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Erin Dydek
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Shadowborn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 328
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin-dydek.html
Latest Review: Northern Umbrage by Dennis Lorenz Ph.D.

Official Review: Storming the Castle by Kordel Lentine

Post by Erin Dydek »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Storming the Castle" by Kordel Lentine.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Many have defeated unstoppable armies, taken down all-powerful enemies, and completed impossible missions in a video game setting. But how many can claim to have stormed a castle guarded by robots armed with futuristic weapons in real life?

Terrance Brown faces that daunting task in Storming the Castle by Kordel Lentine. In this third book in the From Under the Sun series, Stanley Herbert George has a simple request for Terrance. By all means, this favor should be easy to complete and leave Terrance free to live his life with no further interruptions from time-travel headaches. But nothing is ever simple when trying to manipulate a functioning timeline, and Terrance's rival does tend to have an unpredictable evil streak.

When Terrance finds himself trapped underground in the fanciest prison cell ever imagined, it will take every ounce of intelligence he can muster to find a way out. Victory will not come easy for Terrance, but his determination and creativity will serve him well as he seeks a way to return to his everyday life. Terrance may have unlimited tries to storm the castle above his dungeon, but will perseverance see this mission through? He may never see the ones he loves again if he fails, but how do you out-think a genius in a heavily guarded fortress?

For a third time, I had the glorious opportunity to endure the woes of time travel with the amiable Terrance Brown. I loved the every-man hero-like qualities that Terrance has exuded throughout the series. I also appreciated the lessons learned from his mistakes and the depth of his growth as a character. This book stretched Terrance's determination to the max, and we got to witness his more pessimistic side, too. I loved seeing both sides of this character, witnessing Terrance work through problems by analyzing his thoughts, feelings, and past mistakes. Through Terrance's realistic and relatable personality, the author sets an excellent example for facing challenging situations and dealing with issues in a healthy way.

While my favorite book of the series was book two, No Time to Waste, I still enjoyed all that this one had to offer. I loved learning about the Great Pyramid in Egypt, and the alternate timeline of events surrounding that ancient wonder was both humorous and creative. This book certainly has an immense amount of creativity flowing through it, and I loved imagining all the things that Terrance and Stanley accomplished using time travel. My only disappointment was the limited presence of Blaire Reynolds; I loved watching her aid and support Terrance in book two. Still, Storming the Castle has a brilliant full-circle ending that ties back to book one, Beyond the Bowling Ball Bombing. That ending includes some involvement with Blaire, so I was pleased to see her for that section of the book.

I noticed a few minor proofreading errors, but the book was otherwise flawless. Since there was nothing that I truly disliked, I give Storming the Castle 4 out of 4 stars. This series must be read in sequential order and is a tremendous science-fiction adventure series for teen readers and adults who enjoy the young adult genre. I have loved this series so far and look forward to any other adventures that the author may write in the future.

Storming the Castle
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kanchan Sharma
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Kanchan Sharma »

The review is interesting and intriguing. I am eager to read the book.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Time Travel out of control. It sounds really exciting and engaging series. I would love to read all of them. Thanks for a great review!
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

Amazing plot. I'd love to check out the story, especially as it has time travelling as part of its themes. Great review.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Post by Peace Odii »

Realities and video games are different things. It's a good start for novel like this.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

I hope I'm not too old for this series, as it seems intriguing thanks to the great blend of various elements. Thank you for your terrific review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I probably haven't come across an interesting plot like this so far. Thanks for the review, I was definitely interested in the book.
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbrooks2518.html
Latest Review: The Portal by Russell Cederberg

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

This seems like an interesting and exciting series, and Terrance seems like a great main character. Great review!
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

This sounds so interesting bill definitely have to start with the first book and work my way up. Thanks for the great review!
Neha153
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Neha153 »

This book seems very interesting, the plot seems to be very nice.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”