Official Review: Olympus, and the House of Tchrlok

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Truth and Evil
Bookshelf Size: 744
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: All You'll Never Be (Kindle Edition) by E. L. Neve

Official Review: Olympus, and the House of Tchrlok

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Olympus, and the House of Tchrlok" by D. R. Spires.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Olympus, and the House of Tchrlok by D. R. Spires is a science-fiction novel that includes four separate books that revolve around Earth's humanity, mythological gods, and aliens. The Traxian Empire's Assembly of Worlds is a race of reptilian aliens who want to destroy humanity from the Earth and take all of the natural resources. Their leader is Pod-Mother 1595 the Builder, who has taken over 137 non-Traxian civilizations and sent hundreds of other civilizations into extinction. Read this novel and follow the aliens' flight plan to see if mankind's world comes to an end. Are mythological gods of legend real or a myth? Will they help the planet Earth or the aliens? Will all of the inhabitants on Earth consolidate their resources to battle their enemy? What would you do if you came face to face with Zeus or another one of the mythological gods, or with an enormous alien lizard?

The author has done an amazing job describing the demographics of the different worlds. I was able to visualize the various mythological gods and the reptilian aliens. Another positive aspect is that the author explains Greek mythology as it is encountered. There are also multiple thought-provoking quotes that I found interesting. My favorite one was, "If a tree falls in a wilderness, and there are none to hear it fall...does it produce a sound?." What do you think? The character development is good, and I was able to understand the emotions that they were feeling.

The only negative aspect of this book is the names of the aliens. Some of the names are Pod-Mother 1330 the Unforgiving, Pod-Mother 1338 the Chosen, Pod-Mother 1337 the Voiceless One, 12 the Designer, 9 the Wise One, 28 the Mathematician, to name a few. Some of the names were only used twice and in different book sections, so I would have to remember their duties. D. R. Spires provides a 30-page glossary at the end of the book that lists and describes all characters and events. This glossary was a big help but referring to it multiple times distracted from my reading pleasure.

I believe a professional editor has edited this action-packed, well-written book because I only found three errors in the book. Although I was not too fond of the alien names, I will not take away a star because it is subjective, and other readers may enjoy the stylistic nature of the characters' names. Overall, this book warrants 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend this book to science-fiction fans and readers who have ever wondered if aliens exist and if they would ever attack the Earth. I do not recommend this book to readers younger than 16 because some of the profanity is considered non-borderline.

Olympus, and the House of Tchrlok
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

There's an interesting mix of elements in this novel and it seems like they were properly developed for an engaging story. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

This sounds like something I would enjoy reading. I'll definitely have to make note of it so that I can go back later and read it for myself. Thank you for the interesting review.
Jalal Hossain
Currently Reading: The Chrysalis and the Creatures of the Highlands
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Jalal Hossain »

This sounds like something I would enjoy reading. Thank you for the interesting review.
Kanchan Bhil
Currently Reading: That Guy What Kill Topsy
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-bhil.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Kanchan Bhil »

Another great descriptive Science fiction book! Definitely going on my bookshelf so that I can read it!
sharon titus
Currently Reading: Her Eyes Underwater
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-titus.html
Latest Review: My Only Sunshine by Lou Dischler

Post by sharon titus »

The novel sounds engaging, I'd love to add this book to my reading list. Thank you for your hard work.
Wesusa
Favorite Book: Dune
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesusa.html
Latest Review: Thunder and Lightning, They're Not So Frightening by JD Schmith

Post by Wesusa »

Excellent review. I hope the author can make the necessary changes in creating a cohesive story, apart from that this book looks amazing.
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.
onyii_review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyii-review.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by onyii_review »

This sounds like a unique concept. Kudos to the author. Nice review.
Uzzy_Reviews

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”