Official Review: Eye for an Eye by W.C. Gorski

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kirsi Cultrera
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 197
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Re: Official Review: Eye for an Eye by W.C. Gorski

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

It sounds like the author has a good imagination and a good sense of humor as well. I am not sure if I would enjoy the body parts and bad odors, thought. Thanks for a detailed review!
Kirsi
Official Reviewer Representative
Jacques Mwashuma
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacques-mwashuma.html
Latest Review: Doyle's Law by Sam Roberts

Post by Jacques Mwashuma »

This is a wonderful review that serves almost as a short story of the story itself, with attention to detail and baiting towards fans of humor. It also draws attention to possible mindset of the author while the story was being written. :tiphat:
Joyful17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k17.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Talking (war) Dog by Daniel Tierney

Post by Joyful17 »

I can't have too much of hilarious books. Thanks for doing justice to the review. I enjoyed reading through.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Thank you for this insightful review! Sounds like an engaging read for all fantasy lovers :) Humorous parts and a strong world-building are very appealing to me!
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 446
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Kirsi_78 wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 05:10 It sounds like the author has a good imagination and a good sense of humor as well. I am not sure if I would enjoy the body parts and bad odors, thought. Thanks for a detailed review!
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a valuable feedback.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

Eloque3locks wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 08:58 This is a wonderful review that serves almost as a short story of the story itself, with attention to detail and baiting towards fans of humor. It also draws attention to possible mindset of the author while the story was being written. :tiphat:
Thanks for stopping and leaving a valuable feedback.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Manaliiiii___
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Manaliiiii___ »

This characters seems very real bcz of some elements that author gave in this book.. Very impressive and innovative idea.. Enjoyed reading!
Hiruni Hansika
Currently Reading: The Midnight Library
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiruni-hansika.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Hiruni Hansika »

I love how descriptive your review is! It makes the book sound fascinating. I'll give it a try. Thank you for this amazing review.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Why in the World Are We Here?
Bookshelf Size: 2400
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

What I liked the most in this book is the author’s art of writing a full-fledged fantasy novel by combining some concepts of mechanical engineering, biological warfare, doomsday prophecy, the warfare style of medieval times, and several hilarious scenes. One can get insights into the different military deployment strategies and the different war tactics by reading this book. The war machinery in the form of a catapult with torsion-springs and the fascinating biological weapons amazed me. The character of Valentina is perfectly crafted. Several actions and dialogues of both protagonists, as well as antagonists, made me laugh. The only thing that I disliked the most is the detailing the splitting of the body parts and spilling of body fluids and emitting a bad odor, which I felt a little disgusting and unwanted.
It is, indeed, one interesting combination of topics and it must've taken a lot of research and work to put them together in a way that made sense. I always appreciate a little humor.
It is a great review, and your opening lines are fascinating. Thank you!
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

Lunastella wrote: 21 Jun 2021, 18:17
What I liked the most in this book is the author’s art of writing a full-fledged fantasy novel by combining some concepts of mechanical engineering, biological warfare, doomsday prophecy, the warfare style of medieval times, and several hilarious scenes. One can get insights into the different military deployment strategies and the different war tactics by reading this book. The war machinery in the form of a catapult with torsion-springs and the fascinating biological weapons amazed me. The character of Valentina is perfectly crafted. Several actions and dialogues of both protagonists, as well as antagonists, made me laugh. The only thing that I disliked the most is the detailing the splitting of the body parts and spilling of body fluids and emitting a bad odor, which I felt a little disgusting and unwanted.
It is, indeed, one interesting combination of topics and it must've taken a lot of research and work to put them together in a way that made sense. I always appreciate a little humor.
It is a great review, and your opening lines are fascinating. Thank you!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a good feedback with kind words.
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

Hiruni Hansika wrote: 21 Jun 2021, 14:47 I love how descriptive your review is! It makes the book sound fascinating. I'll give it a try. Thank you for this amazing review.
Thanks for your valuable feed back.
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

Manaliiiii___ wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 01:52 This characters seems very real bcz of some elements that author gave in this book.. Very impressive and innovative idea.. Enjoyed reading!
Thanks for your valuable feedback.
G_CReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-g-creads.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by G_CReads »

The review is a very wonderful one. I am looking forward to
sharing this book with my friends.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”