Official Review: Fen and the Every Path by C.A. Tedeschi

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Buk Nerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buk-nerd.html
Latest Review: Ribzkniks by Y M Georges

Official Review: Fen and the Every Path by C.A. Tedeschi

Post by Buk Nerd »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fen and the Every Path" by C.A. Tedeschi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Three days after setting off to find out what had been killing livestock in the High Basin, Fen’s father, Sim, has still not returned. Anxious about Sim's disappearance, Fen - a young gnome - sets out to find him. On his search, Fen crosses paths with the creatures and critters of the forest and is joined by Sim’s long-time friend, Trapper, before coming face to face with the vicious beast his father had set out to find. What is this beast, and where did it come from? What happened to Sim? Will Fen survive the encounter?

Fen and the Every Path is a short and fascinating tale by C.A. Tedeschi. It is also the first book in The Adventures of Fen the Gnome Ranger series. The plot flowed at a slow and measured pace but with enough suspense to keep the reader engaged. The writing and dialogue had a western feel to it which was quite entertaining, and the plot was pleasantly character-driven for an adventure tale. Character development was more than adequate with unique and relatable personalities. The book benefited immensely from the author's detailed world-building as it brought the story to life.

One of the things I liked about this book was the refreshingly extraordinary way gnomes were portrayed. The gnomes in Tedeschi’s tale are courageous, resourceful, and capable. They also live longer and thrive better than the average human in this fantasy world. Fen’s father was two hundred and thirty-one years of age when he went missing. Also, gnome mothers are said to carry their babies three times longer to term than a human woman. And through the use of certain herbs, they can determine whether they are having a boy or a girl.

I could not find anything to dislike about the book. It appeared professionally edited with not a single error. The use of strong language was minimal, the single violent scene was in no way graphic or gratuitous, and there were no sexually suggestive scenes. Fen and the Every Path was a delightful fantasy fiction, well-deserving of my 4 out of 4 stars rating.

I would recommend this book to young adult fans of fantasy adventure. In some ways, the story is a coming-of-age tale that would appeal to a younger audience. On his quest to find his father, Fen also finds himself. I eagerly anticipate reading more about Fen’s adventures in the upcoming books in the series.

Fen and the Every Path
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Literature is the most agreeable way of ignoring life." - Fernando Pessoa :techie-studyinggray:
Reader-247
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-247.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Reader-247 »

It seems like an exciting tale of quite the character. Thanks for the enlightening review:)
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like how the plot of the book is exposed. Thanks for the good review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

Maybe I'm old for this kind of story but this novel makes an interesting use of mythological creatures such as gnomes. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

Interesting characters and setting. I wish I can live that long.
I like any coming-of-age stories, so this might be for me.
Thank you for your review.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
Mercy119
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fireside119.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Mercy119 »

It's impressive that Fen's father reached the age of 230 years. I'm intrigued by the author's world-building and would like to uncover the book's intriguing plot.
Buk Nerd
Currently Reading:

Post by Buk Nerd »

Reader-247 wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 08:29 It seems like an exciting tale of quite the character. Thanks for the enlightening review:)
I appreciate the comment, thank you :)
"Literature is the most agreeable way of ignoring life." - Fernando Pessoa :techie-studyinggray:
Buk Nerd
Currently Reading:

Post by Buk Nerd »

markodim721 wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 10:45 I like how the plot of the book is exposed. Thanks for the good review.
Thank you so much for your kind words.
Buk Nerd
Currently Reading:

Post by Buk Nerd »

NetMassimo wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 04:55 Maybe I'm old for this kind of story but this novel makes an interesting use of mythological creatures such as gnomes. Thank you for your great review!
I’m glad you like the review, thank you.
Buk Nerd
Currently Reading:

Post by Buk Nerd »

Dzejn_Crvena wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 21:04 Interesting characters and setting. I wish I can live that long.
I like any coming-of-age stories, so this might be for me.
Thank you for your review.
You should enjoy it. Thank you for commenting.
Buk Nerd
Currently Reading:

Post by Buk Nerd »

Fireside119 wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 03:18 It's impressive that Fen's father reached the age of 230 years. I'm intrigued by the author's world-building and would like to uncover the book's intriguing plot.
You should give it a go, you’ll enjoy it.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”