Official Review: FaeRhysian by Song Joo

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Official Review: FaeRhysian by Song Joo

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "FaeRhysian" by Song Joo.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

FaeRhysian by Song Joo tells the story of Rhys, a boy with extraordinary blue eyes, acute hearing, and incredible fighting skills. He has wisdom beyond his years. He has been destined to stand against the darkness, save the seen and unseen world, and bring perfect peace to both worlds.

Rhys was just a mere three-year-old when he first entered the Ithylean brotherhood monastery. The members of the Ithylean brotherhood were quiet, disciplined, and highly trained in the art of war. Most of them began their training at an early age. Only a handful took the oath each year at the end of the training; not all went on to devote their lives to the Ithylean brotherhood.

Rhys's dream was to be an Ithylean knight. One day, gray-eyed, gray-haired Sir Wren visited and forever changed the course of his life. Rhys was forced to spend the following three years going from village to village, running from "hunters," also known as Markouis. Markouis is a group of cursed faes headed by a master known as Wres. Wres craves Rhys's power and could destroy everything, including the people and things Rhys loves, to get it. Wres was rejected by the council of the entire Fae Realm for his betrayal and lust for power.

Will Rhys be able to fulfill what he has been destined to do?

This book is a tribute to friends who stick by us at all times, especially those who stay with us in times of adversity. This gives credence to the author's ability to create relatable characters. Rhys was constantly worried by the thought that his friends were in constant danger because of him. According to him, had he not entered their lives, they wouldn't have made dangerous decisions, and their lives would have been better. Karrel and Princess Seryllia stood by him, thus endangering their lives most of the time. Sashya's role in the book is simply spellbinding, as her refusal to stop being a dire wolf and choosing to remain by Rhys's side even when she could have left made me very emotional.

This book will hit you with twists and turns that keep you on edge until the end. Huron's story is a classic example. Huron had been the greatest supporter of Wres and the architect behind the rebellion. For two thousand years, he had wreaked havoc as Wres's right-hand man. His turning against Wres blew me off my feet. Even when the people were suspicious of his real motives and treated him with scorn, he still didn't relent in proving that he had repented. Whether or not he genuinely repented is left for the reader to find out.

The author's descriptive style is top-notch. The reader gets the picture and can visualize the scenes in their head. Like I stated earlier, the plot is full of surprises and twists. This book makes you want to read it non-stop till the very end. FaeRhysian is not only a thrill, but it is also brilliant. The author's writing style is unique. Nothing was appalling about the book.

I'm rating this book four out of four stars. The editing is good, as there's only one error in the entire book. I recommend the book to lovers of adventures and books on superheroism. This book is also suitable for young readers, as there's no form of vulgarity in it. However, parental guidance will be required for readers below 13, considering some slightly violent scenes.

FaeRhysian
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

The best books for me are those that feature the importance of friendship.
This one will not disappoint!
Sounds like the action-packed adventure I'm looking for.
Thank you for the review.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
shreyagupta
Currently Reading: And Then There Were None
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreyagupta.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by shreyagupta »

The main character Rhys' personality is attractive. The book sounds like an engaging read. You did a great job with the review!
Jacques Mwashuma
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacques-mwashuma.html
Latest Review: Doyle's Law by Sam Roberts

Post by Jacques Mwashuma »

The review has all that appertains to a David versus Goliath theme, an aspiring hero to be and a power hungry megalomaniac. Just the right recipe to pull you into reading the book for those that like a good underdog story. :tiphat:
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging fantasy novel with well-constructed plot and characters that can satisfy young readers and adults as well. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

The cover of the book looks beautiful. This also seems to be an enjoyable read as well. I love books that have twists and turns. Thank you for the great review.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”