Review of Mirrored Worlds

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Review of Mirrored Worlds

Post by Okafor Prosper »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mirrored Worlds" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Set mostly in the planet Reath, the mirror world of Earth, Tayma Tameem's Mirrored Worlds Book 2: Liberation Wars continues to explore the negative effects caused by the birth of a non-magic child, Kumo, in the magical world of Reath. The constant earthquakes and floods mean that the boy must be returned to Earth, and the Nationals' forces (Battleaxe, Lila, and Graute) sent to retrieve the child from the enemy's lands (the Federation) have been captured. The tyrant, King Solan, threatens war on the Nationals and plans to weaponize the child. The mirror that serves as a portal between Earth and Reath is highly unstable too. With the strong connection between both worlds, the natural disasters that have been occurring, and King Solan's large forces marching to wipe out the Nationals, what is the fate of the world?

In this book, the stakes are higher than they have ever been for our main characters, especially with the dangers that the world faces, which makes for a highly suspenseful read throughout. One thing that is significantly different between this book and the previous is the number of action scenes included. From the beginning that revolved around the main characters' torture and escape from captivity to the end that leaves us with another twist in the tale, Tayma Tameem takes the level of detail in the action scenes to another level, including a lot of last-gasp moments that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Through the characters' stories, the book explores themes of vengeance and friendship, and we watch the main characters' struggle initially and grow to trust one another on their mission. I found myself growing more attached to them, especially being entertained by the humorous Graute, the inexperienced Lila, and the brave Battleaxe. I also can't forget the considerate and fierce Catin. While they did not completely get along initially, they would form a stronger bond when they understood each other, but will that be enough for the mission's success? The story also presents most of the characters with tough choices that you will discover once you pick up this book.

Furthermore, I have to applaud the author for presenting an exceptionally well-edited book. I did not find any errors while reading. The book's awesome editing and its fast-paced nature ensured that this was a page-turner for me. I cannot point at anything that I disliked about this book.

Overall, I completely enjoyed reading the second installment of Mirrored Worlds and look forward to what the third and final book holds. This novel deserves a maximum rating of four out of four stars. If you enjoy suspense-filled, fast-paced science fiction, you will have a great time reading this book. Readers who enjoy action novels will also like this book. If you enjoyed the first book, I also implore you to read this one.

Mirrored Worlds
View: on Bookshelves
Kanchan Bhil
Currently Reading: That Guy What Kill Topsy
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-bhil.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Kanchan Bhil »

Thank you for this great review, I love reading science-fiction and this whole series is definitely going in my bookshelf!
the_ashfeathers
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-ashfeathers.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by the_ashfeathers »

The plot looks unique and refreshing, the storyline is strong. Moreover, I've read Tayma Tameem's books before and the review gives me the feeling that she has really grown as an author.
"Bloodthirsty little beasts. Never trust a duck." ~ Will Herondale (Cassandra Clare)
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

The baby must be returned or else it is war. That's thrilling and interesting. Thanks for a great review!
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

The cover of this story caught my attention. I think it is very intriguing. I am not a science fiction fan so I will be passing on this one. Thank you for an engaging review!
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

I haven't read the first book of this series but I read terrific reviews of it and of Tayma Tameem's novels in general, so I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Benaron
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benaron.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Benaron »

Interesting how the author chooses to do the opposite from what most science fiction authors do. Instead of making a regular world with a magical character, Tameem chose to make a magical world with a regular character. I'm very curious as to how this worked out so well, as it sounds like you really enjoyed the book.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”