Review of New Light

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Re: Review of New Light

Post by Rayah Raouf »

63tty wrote: โ†‘02 Jul 2021, 07:58 This seems like an interesting book. I would love to read it. Great review.
Thank you for your kind comment!
C Janet wrote: โ†‘02 Jul 2021, 08:08 I love fantasy series, I'm straightaway adding this to my shelf. Thank you for a great review!
Its a must read for sure!!! One of my favourite reads of this year so far.
Josephe-Anne wrote: โ†‘05 Jul 2021, 04:34 The different races of sentient beings sound very interesting, and it's great that the author is a good storyteller. Lans does seem like a complex character.

I'm glad you enjoyed this book, and I think I might like it too. Thanks for your enthusiastic review and recommendation.
๐Ÿ˜„
I love when everything in the book seems natural and not forced. The author has done an incredible job with the way he writes. Thank you so much for your kind comment. :)
โ€œMemories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.โ€โ€• Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Emily_Jen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-jen.html
Latest Review: Social Media Marketing Strategy by S. M. H. Gibson

Post by Emily_Jen »

"The ultimate goal is for the humans and the Xerua to take over what the Tyranelle have taken from them." I wonder if they succeed. I am rooting for them nonetheless. Thank you for your convincing review.
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

Just finished reading "Aurora Burning". I was looking for a book like this! Thank you for the review;)
smolbird
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smolbird.html
Latest Review: Pariah by Robert C. Swetz
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by smolbird »

I actually read the book's beginning and I really liked it. I'm hoping to finish it sometime soon, especially after reading your review. Thank you for the thorough review!
"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Albus Dumbledore
AbhyarnaAman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhyarnaaman.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by AbhyarnaAman »

for some reason, I have difficulty reading about characters with strange names, does it happen with anyone else too? Your love for the book intimidates me to give it a try but I am not sure how I would cope with different names :)
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.
By Rob White
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Emily_Jen wrote: โ†‘05 Jul 2021, 11:57 "The ultimate goal is for the humans and the Xerua to take over what the Tyranelle have taken from them." I wonder if they succeed. I am rooting for them nonetheless. Thank you for your convincing review.
Thank you for your lovely comment!
marba wrote: โ†‘10 Jul 2021, 14:28 Just finished reading "Aurora Burning". I was looking for a book like this! Thank you for the review;)
I hope you enjoy this one :) Thank you.
smolbird wrote: โ†‘11 Jul 2021, 05:36 I actually read the book's beginning and I really liked it. I'm hoping to finish it sometime soon, especially after reading your review. Thank you for the thorough review!
Oh! The beginning is what got me to choose this book! Thank you.
AbhyarnaAman wrote: โ†‘11 Jul 2021, 19:49 for some reason, I have difficulty reading about characters with strange names, does it happen with anyone else too? Your love for the book intimidates me to give it a try but I am not sure how I would cope with different names :)
Not to worry. It was confusing, but I got the hang of it eventually. Thank you :)
โ€œMemories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.โ€โ€• Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns

Return to โ€œSci-Fi and Fantasy Booksโ€