Review of Odyssey Tale

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Guda Lydia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guda-lydia.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Odyssey Tale

Post by Guda Lydia »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Odyssey Tale" by Cody Schlegel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Otis Seehus sat in his dingy and desolate prison cell, having lost the sense of time and physical health. It was his fourth year as a prisoner, and he still had hope, tethering his sanity to the thoughts of his wife, Penelope, and son, Mac. He reminisced his happier days when his world was filled with Penelope’s laughter and the overwhelming love for their son. His captor was amazed by his resilience, and his need to punish him turned to curiosity at his tenacity and refusal to give up. His spirit remained unbroken, and he still had the will to live.

In another part of the sea, the Lost Boys, a crew of seven men, were completing their latest assignment. By chance, the young men stumbled upon a letter with intriguing contents that promised adventure and a hefty payday. Jinni, a mysterious and older member of the group, convinced them of the authenticity of the mission before them. They soon set off on a mission to find the lost king of Ithaca and solve a fourteen-year-old mystery. However, they are yet to comprehend the magnitude of their quest and soon encounter obstacles beyond their imaginations. Everything soon morphs into a battle for survival, a clash of the supernatural and mortal world, and a race to rule over a coveted kingdom. At the center of it is Otis Seehus.

Odyssey Tale by Cody Schlegel is a captivating and highly engaging read. The introduction instantly hooks the reader as the story opens by detailing Penelope’s life and childhood. Cody seamlessly introduces each character throughout the book and expertly develops their role and relation to the storyline. The intricate description of each character also brings out their unique physical and behavioral attributes. The comprehensive description of each scene and setting also adds to the engaging nature of the book. For instance, one could experience the unpredictable nature of the sea or visualize the nail-biting and tense fights for survival.

My favorite aspect of the read is how the story weaves in the origin stories of several beloved fairy tale characters and narratives. Every iconic moment in Otis’s life brings with it the birth of a character like Robin Hood, Peter Pan, or the Trojan Horse narrative. The book also made for a hilarious read through the humor and sarcasm brought out by various characters. I cannot think of anything to dislike about this extraordinary tale. The many and surprisingly memorable characters have a role to play in building the storyline.

I did not find any grammar or spelling errors, evidence of the book’s exceptional and excellent editing. However, though the language employed is intelligible, there are notable cases of profanities and sexual innuendos. The intimate scenes are not graphic but are clear enough to leave a metal picture. I would not recommend the read to readers younger than seventeen years. Odyssey Tale is a novel that lives up to its name. It takes the reader through a long and tense series of events, keeping one glued to the pages and constantly yearning for more. Every chapter evokes different emotions like pain, disappointment, anger, hope, and love. Honestly, the only rating the book deserves is 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this intense read to anyone looking for a comprehensive story that depicts true love, incredible tenacity, and brotherhood, with a healthy sprinkle of whimsy and creativity.

Odyssey Tale
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Anil G
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-g.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Anil G »

It seems an amazing and intriguing book with the mission to accomplish, character buildup, humour and love tale. You wrote an excellent review!
A great author communicates to readers through books. - Anil Gupta
Jacques Mwashuma
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacques-mwashuma.html
Latest Review: Doyle's Law by Sam Roberts

Post by Jacques Mwashuma »

An interesting review with a rather intriguing plotline,. Seems like a fine read. :tiphat:
If the heart is clear, it doesn't matter if there's a storm brewing in the sky.

- Bing Xin.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

The author has done an excellent job of placing the ancient epic in a contemporary setting.
Marilyn Moody
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marilyn-moody.html
Latest Review: Spirit of the Season by Brian Lamont

Post by Marilyn Moody »

Certainly sounds like an adventurous and intriguing read with something of a fantasy element.
Timothy Ojonugwa
Favorite Book: Home Again 2020
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Timothy Ojonugwa »

Certainly sounds like an adventurous and
intriguing read with something of a
fantasy element.
Cebo Mollifii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Cebo Mollifii »

Perfect review,I love the way it's introduced, the power of love that keeps one alive,this is definitely a cool read..🤙
Wesusa
Favorite Book: Dune
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesusa.html
Latest Review: Thunder and Lightning, They're Not So Frightening by JD Schmith

Post by Wesusa »

Despite the wonderfully written review, I don't think this is a title that is in my wheelhouse. Great Job regardless!
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

How exciting! Supernatural adventures always catch my attention. I’m really excited to see what happens in this story.
Benaron
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benaron.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Benaron »

The plot sounds interesting, the characters well developed, and you mentioned the book is professionally edited; sounds like a great read!
Reema Aydieh
Currently Reading: Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reema-aydieh.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Reema Aydieh »

If the book is as intriguing as this review I’m sure I’ll enjoy.
“Just keep swimming.”
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

This book sounds amazing! Excellent review :)
Novela book
Favorite Book: Chameleons
Currently Reading: The Midnight Library
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novela-book.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Novela book »

This looks like a wonderful mixture of plot, drama and adventure. Great review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

Rivisiting one of the greatest poems of all times is certainly an ambitious deed, so I'm intrigued by it, also because it seems terrific. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

Your astounding review made me wanna give this book a go. Thanks! I’m way excited adding this to my bookshelf.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”