Review of Talking Man

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of Talking Man

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Talking Man" by John M. Broadhead.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Talking Man by John M. Broadhead is a science fiction that tells the story of a mission in space. Traver Graff is an activist with great influence on his audience. His strong opinions and ideas were revered, as well as controversial, especially on scientific discoveries and exploration. Traver's diagnosis with "Eams" leaves him relying on a formulated treatment to survive and sets him on the radar as a candidate for Aurora's space mission in the Aten. An explosion on the ship claims the life of a leading scientist, endangers Traver's health, and leaves the crew with a difficult decision to make about continuing the mission. There were many mysteries unraveled in the course of the journey. Readers are left to find out whether AMA-712 is another scientific research that will help humanity or are there more to Aurora's space mission?

This book is quite intriguing to read. From the detailed expository about the space mission to the court trials of the surviving crew members, this book kept the reader engrossed. There is suspense, as one has to read till the end to unravel the hidden mysteries behind the space mission. I enjoyed the author's concise and straightforward writing. Readers will find it readable.

Reading this book felt like seeing a science fiction movie. Also, reading the writer's details about the formalities in space travel and life aboard a ship leaves a feeling of being aboard. Traver Graff is obviously the main character, but I appreciate Captain Fletcher better. Her confidence and finesse in piloting her ship even in chaos were quite interesting. Readers will find this book intriguing, particularly because the author did not just dwell on the scientific aspect but gradually drifted to adventure, survival, mysteries, success, and a fight for justice. These themes were integrated into the plot effortlessly. This was the feature I enjoyed most about the book.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. My rating is because I enjoyed reading this piece. It was nicely executed. There were no formatting issues. Also, I found an error in this book, but it did not impede comprehensive reading. Therefore, I believe this book was professionally edited.

This book will fascinate readers who enjoy reading science fiction, especially on space travels and missions. I did not find anything negative about this book. I enjoyed every part of the book. The author successfully educated and entertained the mind of the reader.

Talking Man
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

I usually avoid science fiction since it becomes tedious after a while, but this one looks exciting and worth my time. Great review, thanks.^^
Kingsley Emodi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsley-emodi.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kingsley Emodi »

I'm not a big fan of science fiction but your review draws me to this one. Well done.
Nonso Ok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-ok.html
Latest Review: A Murder in Brownsville by Donald Steven Collins

Post by Nonso Ok »

As a lover of science fiction, I think this is a great book for me
Amanda I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-i.html
Latest Review: Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

Post by Amanda I »

Science fiction and I are probably two worlds apart. The plot of the book seems interesting though. I would love to read this book.
Amanda I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-i.html
Latest Review: Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

Post by Amanda I »

Science fiction and I are probably two worlds apart. The plot of the book seems interesting though. I would love to read this book.
Shivali Y
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivali-y.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Shivali Y »

I'd like to read this just for the fact that you mentioned it feels like a science fiction movie. Sounds wonderful. Thanks for a great review!
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like the fact that the book is full of mysteries. Apparently the author designed the plot well. Thanks for the good review.
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

This would be a great book as I love to read books about science. Also, the storyline sounds interesting. Thank you for your review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

This novel seems to include some classic elements of science fiction updated for a third-millennium story for and engaging result. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Ay Obaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ay-obaj.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ay Obaj »

I love it when books storyline are constructed perfectly, and contains every single element of thrill. A book like this will surely wow any reader. Thanks for a honest review.
ellimctreph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellimctreph.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by ellimctreph »

This was a great review, I love it when each individual plot point is given the time it needs to flourish and that sounds like the case here. And it's a hard sci-fi, which I love.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

This book has a good structure and plot. It has a good flow. It seems interesting and captivating. Thanks for the review.
Atafo Passion
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Atafo Passion »

Science has been a broad subject but very interesting due to the way it is lectured.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”