Review of Strobe Girl Deadly Dance

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
emeraldlaurice012
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeraldlaurice012.html
Latest Review: Poetic Thoughts of a Young Lion in the Asphalt Jungle by Steven Ederson Sr

Review of Strobe Girl Deadly Dance

Post by emeraldlaurice012 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Strobe Girl Deadly Dance" by Todd Hartman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Strobe Girl Deadly Dance, by Todd Hartman, starts as an ordinary story about a government employee struggling to do good for her country by making sure men like Mugabi are served the justice that they deserve. Starina Spinner, together with her partner, Ken Cranston, work together to battle Mugabi and his drug operations as it threatens to upturn the structures of their government. However, what merely seems like a normal operation turns out to be more than what they expected. Mugabi is planning a mysterious, evil plot that would change everything in their world forever.

If I could describe this book in one word—it's bizarre. Every element in it is out of this world. One moment something is happening, then another entirely different thing is occurring. It is intensely fast-paced, bringing a whole new meaning to the phrase "action-packed." It's weird, and I've never read something this outlandish before. In this book, you'll get a mixture of elements that you have never seen together before in a single book.

What I liked the most about this book was the creativity that oozed out of every page. The author managed to surprise me at every twist and turn. The moment I think that I'm starting to grasp the whole gist of the book, another bomb drops into my lap that boggles everything that I thought I knew. Additionally, I admired the determination of Starina. She faced everything that was thrown her way with her shoulders back, and her head held up high.

Although I liked that the book contained no dull moments, the rushed pace of the story exhausted me as a reader. Something is always happening, and it seemed like the characters had no rest in between the many events happening. There were no transitions between the scenes, so I felt like I couldn't breathe at the pace the author was setting at times. Even the sex scenes were rushed. Another thing that I did not like was the excessive use of consecutive exclamation marks to portray that the characters were shouting.

I found no errors while reading the book. Thus, I would say that this was exceptionally edited. I would recommend this to readers looking to be swept away by a story. The quick pacing of the book would certainly fulfill that need. However, readers looking for a more relaxed read might have to pass on this one. The book's plot is unique, and although reading it felt like I was running a marathon, it was still a good experience. In conclusion, I'm giving this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Strobe Girl Deadly Dance
View: on Bookshelves
Nonso Ok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-ok.html
Latest Review: A Murder in Brownsville by Donald Steven Collins

Post by Nonso Ok »

Seems like you had a nice time reading this book. Thank you for recommending.
David Metimba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-matimba.html
Latest Review: Red Wave Imperative by Alan Schein

Post by David Metimba »

They say don't judge a book by it's cover but I confess that is what drew me to take a look at this one. I love the bizarre and outlandish so this book is a definite must-read for me.

Thank you for the insightful review!
"One glance at a book and you hear the voice of another person, perhaps someone dead for 1,000 years. To read is to voyage through time."

Carl Sagan :techie-studyingbrown:
Shivali Y
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivali-y.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Shivali Y »

While I like the idea of a bizarre, fast-paced book, I think I'll have to pass on this. Thanks for a great review!
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

This is an action-packed thriller that Starina Spinner and her partner her willing to bring down a drug cartel. Will they be successful? I will need to find out. Thank you for your review.
ronnieelectron
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by ronnieelectron »

Personally, as a screenwriter, my writing Forte is high octane. Thus, a fast paced edge of your seat thriller wets my palette. Thanks for the heads up.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

A novel with such a frenzied pace requires a reader to be in the proper mood to keep up with it. The story seems intriguing, so I might give it a try when I'm in the right mind. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

This looks like quite an intriguing plot. Would definitely love to have this one on my shelf. Great review.
Crown Silver
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Crown Silver »

Well, I want to say something about the story. It is fast, full of action, full of romance, survival, Daring, full of suspense, no grammatical error, nice world setting and great character development.

Some may say the book is fast paced, but to me, it is the best. I've never read such a fantasy novel as creative as this.
And to the MC, she feels the weight of the world on her and she would do anything to save her world. She had the support of her partner, which made the story to be more unique.
Actually, Starina spinner reminds me of my late sister.

So, I'm giving this book a full star. Not because of anything, but for the similarities between the M.C and my sister. Good Job Author!
Uchechukwu Okereke
Currently Reading: The Aftermath Of The King
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by Uchechukwu Okereke »

This book certainly has a knack for making me raise a brow, from the name of the book itself, "Strobe Girl Deadly Dance" to the name of the criminal kingpin they are trying to usurp. I am certainly curious to see how this story ends up.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”