Review of Logistics. A Christmas Story

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of Logistics. A Christmas Story

Post by Kennedy NC »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Logistics. A Christmas Story" by Chris Coppel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you believe in the Christmas miracle? Tony and Sofia wake up on Christmas morning to discover a young girl in their house after unwrapping their cheap Christmas presents with their children. The discovery of the child brings terrible luck, as Tony is charged with kidnapping. The story moves on to a different setting where we meet Holly, a driven and successful lady who lives by specific standards set for herself and has shattered any form of relationship to avoid distractions. Holly rarely has time for anything other than work and does not have a relationship with her workers.

Holly’s life takes a drastic turn when she gets news concerning her DNA being a requirement for an impending deal with Ling Chow, a logistics company which her company intends to buy. After Holly receives word that her DNA match could not be found in the world, she discovers a truth that could change her life forever. What does Holly learn about herself? How does the discovery affect her life and her standards? Logistics: A Christmas Story by Chris Coppel unveils the answers to these questions.

While reading this book, I was genuinely intrigued by the plot. I wanted to untangle the mystery which the author sought to hide. The book's title would suggest a different plot, and I was surprised by the qualities the book held. The book was professionally edited, as I did not find a lot of errors while reading. It was written in a detailed and straightforward manner that would keep a reader engaged.

The use of imagery in the book is superb, as I could picture almost every scene. The author’s use of flashbacks was also commendable as he slowly unveiled the answers to the numerous questions posed in the book. The author’s writing style and his employment of sarcasm would leave a reader yearning to uncover a lot, thereby keeping the reader glued to the book. It took a while before I could understand the connection between Tony, Sofia, and Holly.

The characters employed in the book were relatable, and I could not have imagined a better-suited end for the book. It was a fantasy book that had a mixture of everything. The book encompasses themes such as faith, goodwill and most importantly, love. By reading this book, we also understand the influence of peer groups on children and people at large and how childhood experiences can affect our future.

The book was superb, and despite the book's length, I was not bored at any point. The characters in the book would take you into a world of fantasy and surprise. I could not find any negative aspects in the book because it was well written. I rate the book four out of four stars. I did not rate it lower because it was a fascinating read, and I could not find anything to dislike about this book. I recommend this book to all lovers of fantasy and Christmas stories.

Logistics. A Christmas Story
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nonso Ok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-ok.html
Latest Review: A Murder in Brownsville by Donald Steven Collins

Post by Nonso Ok »

Seems like you really enjoyed this one. I'm curious to read this, thank your for your amazing review.
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

This is a Nonfiction book that would certainly be a nice story to tell children and young ones, but I will not be picking this one. Thanks for the review.
Shivali Y
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivali-y.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Shivali Y »

This book definitely sounds right up my alley - I love reading anything that focuses on visual imagery and characterization. Thanks for a great review!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like the perfect moment to read a Christmas story, and this one seems quite unique. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Vicyo57
Favorite Book: Shelter from the Storm
Currently Reading: The Part That Burns
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vicyo57.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Vicyo57 »

This book took me by surprise. As I began to read I was intrigued by the mystery of a small child sleeping under a Christmas tree when the family woke up to open their presents. I was expecting the main character Holly to be involved in some sort of conspiracy.
But, much to my surprise it was an adventure that involved her birth father, and a surprising twist of how he came about hence how Holly came to be his daughter. Great read entertaining, heartwarming and it left me with a hopefulness.
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

A Christmas story with a twist, I love the sound of that. I am definitely saving this one for the holidays.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”