Review of Apocalypse Reckoning 3.0

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Review of Apocalypse Reckoning 3.0

Post by LinaMueller »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Apocalypse Reckoning 3.0" by William A Singleton (W.A. Singleton).]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The COVID pandemic that occurred (actually still occurs) caused the Overton Window to change entirely, and what we consider "normal" was rather unthinkable a few years earlier. Those American survivalists who seem to have stepped out of a time machine from a world where the Cold War still exists now appear to be wise people. I remember my mother worrying about my sanity just because I got to argue with her about the possibility of stocking up on food. After all, what does this have to do with the book I'm going to discuss? The main point is that Apocalypse Reckoning 3.0 is a Sci-Fi/Fantasy that, after recent events, won't seem all that far-fetched.

The reader who has not read the first work in the trilogy can easily understand the context if he decides to read the description of the other books on the internet. Anyway, I advise you to read the first book to understand the relationship dynamics between some characters. For example, Marcus is the protagonist who seems to be too harsh with his repentant father. Still, the reader can only understand the degree of dissatisfaction with his father if he has read the first work. Besides, some sub-themes are discussed in the book, especially overcoming alcohol and drug use.

The book is about a futuristic universe where a diverse group of people will face werewolves, modified arachnids, beings that look like cyborgs fresh out of the Terminator series, and scientists that make Joseph Mengele look like an innocent child. Furthermore, players that today "conspiracy theorists" would call "globalists" intend to eradicate a large part of the population.

What is the most extraordinary aspect of the book is the psychological development of the characters. The author worked masterfully on the contradictions and human feelings. In many cases, some characters deal with conflicting emotions that involve difficult choices. For example, would you let your wife/husband die to save half of humankind? What about a parent who wants a new chance with his son but has to decide between what's right and what his son wants? All these feelings are very well described, as is the role of religion in a chaotic world without prospects.

The book is indeed an insane mix of various types of Sci-Fi content. In some parts, it felt like I was reviewing the relationship between Kylo Ren and Han Solo. In others, it was like I was reading the description of the giant spider from Lord of the Rings. And although I've also mentioned how the book resembles some aspects of the Terminator series, the author managed to blend everything brilliantly. That's why I say there is nothing negative to mention. Since I found only three grammatical errors, nobody can say that this work is not professionally edited. There are some profane words, but nothing that is so serious or that appears in excessive numbers.

All things considered, I rate Apocalypse Reckoning 3.0 by William A Singleton (W.A. Singleton) four out of four stars. It's an action-packed, breathtaking, and thought-provoking book. It is impossible to point out the most irrelevant flaw, and the author created a gem. I recommend this real pageturner to everyone who loves the Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre with futuristic overtones. Although the book contains some minor swear words, I recommend it for ages 12+. There is no sexual content.

Apocalypse Reckoning 3.0
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

I'll really love to read this to give me some thrills. I'll always love books that feature scientific theme and paranormal characters
Signature of Grace.
Uchechukwu Okereke
Currently Reading: The Aftermath Of The King
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by Uchechukwu Okereke »

Thank you for your honest review. This sounds like a great story that I would have loved to follow up on. Unfortunately, since it requires reading the prequel books, I would have to pass up on it.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I remember seeing this novel available for review but in Italy, even the Kindle edition is really expensive, so I didn't pick it. A shame, as the story seems terrific even if seems dark. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
EternalD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eternald.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by EternalD »

The world is so crazy that I wouldn't be surprised if we were soon in reality similar to The Walking Dead series. Anyway, I wouldn't say I like to read that kind of book. Lovely review, though.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”