Review of Murphy knows what aliens eat

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of Murphy knows what aliens eat

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Murphy knows what aliens eat" by Bobby Brazil.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Paddy Murphy is your typical Irish man. He is a hard worker who values his time and his Guinness stout beer. He's always where the action can be found. Tagging along with him is his trusted sidekick, Softie. These two lifelong friends have built a reputation as a hard-hitting tag team who dish out the punches at any fight, irrespective of the location. Not even the responsibilities of marriage and raising families do anything to slow down this dynamic duo. Stories of people disappearing around the world have reached the shores of Paddy's home nation. However, no one in Ireland has any record of such an incident until the day Paddy is "raptured," for want of a better word to call it. Follow Paddy's story as he battles hard to find his way back home. Will he make it back to his loving family or fall to a similar fate as the other missing people?

Murphy Knows What Aliens Eat is a family fun story, with a view of the economic struggles of the Irish people back in the '70s and '80s. The storyline pretty much follows Paddy and his rather interesting life choices. The switch in the tone and direction is so subtle that most readers probably won't realize it till the closing stages of the book.

I like the character development of the main character, Paddy. I'm impressed with the way the author fleshes out Paddy's life on paper. Attention is paid to detail, from his childhood memories to his escapades as an adult and a working father. The storyline is both exciting and believable, so long as the reader can stretch their imagination a bit. There are some rather amusing twists in the book, such as when Paddy spends time analyzing the typical daily activities of a Nayzic. The attempted rebellion on the Greys' spaceship got me laughing just at the thought of it.

I found the book extremely enjoyable. There was practically nothing to dislike about it, save from a few minor errors. Young children would find this book fun and particularly exciting. It could also serve as an aid for those involved in conservation efforts, as it could propagate their message adequately and with ease. The story's concern was explained so that even a child would find it easy to follow.

Murphy Knows What Aliens Eat by Bobby Brazil is a fun guide for the environmentally conscious individual. There's enough information in this book to influence your views on environmental issues. You also get more than your fair share of laughs while you read. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I give the author many praises for this impressive piece of work.

Murphy knows what aliens eat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Shivansh_007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivansh-007.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Shivansh_007 »

I always like detective stories and am a big fan of the Sherlock Holmes series so I'm gonna enjoy this one I think. Thanks for the review.
Uchechukwu Okereke
Currently Reading: The Aftermath Of The King
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by Uchechukwu Okereke »

This book sounds very reminiscent of the band of brothers or farm house captures. Stories of people who go out to seek adventure. Paddy Murphy sounds like an interesting guy as well and I would like to see where his story leads. Thank you for your review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems quite an original story with an interesting title and an interesting cover. I wonder about Paddy's choices, as the storyline makes me curious. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
gbadegesin Akanni
Favorite Book: The Freedom Building
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by gbadegesin Akanni »

I've come across this kind of story shows in review so am not interest already know the outcome of it
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

I love Irish stories. I will make time to read this book. Thanks for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

The title caught my attention. Based on your great review, this novel is extremely enjoyable and thrilling with morals to be conveyed. I would definitely like to read it.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Lordarthur
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lordarthur.html
Latest Review: The Devil Pulls the Strings by J. W. Zarek

Post by Lordarthur »

I must say that I am very much excited to get to read such a masterpiece as this book incomes. Thanks for your review, I can't wait to be mind blown away.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”