Review of New City Chronicles - Book II - The Eye of the Storm

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Review of New City Chronicles - Book II - The Eye of the Storm

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "New City Chronicles - Book II - The Eye of the Storm" by E.L. Hendrix.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

New City Chronicles - Book II - The Eye of the Storm by E.L. Hendrix is the second book from the author’s New City Chronicles series. The indie writer from Atlanta wanted this series to be a single novel, but I’m glad he made it a series of 3 books instead. I enjoyed the first book in the series, but the second book is even more interesting than the first.

Tabitha, Mark, Ari, and Zach are still working together to put an end to the evil regime of the Archon. They soon unite with Kalina, Danette, and other ATO operatives because they will need all the help they can get to stop Devan Elaniel. Ari has visions of the future and can sense a storm coming. She directs the team on what to do, but ultimately, the fate of humanity rests on the shoulders of the team and the decisions they make. As the team continues to oppose Devan Elaniel, their investigations about him continue to uncover the secrets that surround Tabitha, Ari, and New City.

E.L. Hendrix is a bold writer with excellent writing skills. His choice of words is simple and interesting to read. He describes the surroundings well and allows characters to develop evenly throughout this book. He introduced the right amount of suspense to the plot, so it keeps you on the edge of your seat. Once I started reading this book, I couldn’t put it down. If you read the first book in this series, then you’d be pleased to hear that the second book is even hotter, more intriguing, and more eventful. My favorite part of this book was when Tabitha bought a whole plane just so she could quickly travel to Marshall with Ari and Mark.

The fight scenes keep you on the edge of your seat, but they are simple and not cluttered with details that might confuse the readers. At the beginning of this second book, you will find a prologue and a summary of the first book. However, I don’t think most people will understand the second book without reading the first. For example, the connection between Tabitha and Ari is a bit complicated, and reading the first book will help you understand their connection. I enjoyed reading this book and hated nothing about it, so I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

I gave this book a complete rating because I liked everything about it. The author’s writing style, the imagery, the character development, the storyline, and the plot all seemed perfect to me. I didn’t come across any errors while I was reading this book, and I believe this book was exceptionally edited by a professional. I recommend this book to adults over the age of 18 who are interested in science fiction with a healthy dose of suspense and mystery. Readers who love fantasy and romance might also enjoy this book.

New City Chronicles - Book II - The Eye of the Storm
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nomcebo_0619
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nomcebo-0619.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nomcebo_0619 »

Thanks for an honest review. Indeed the right ingredients for a great book is the great plot, and character development.
Uchechukwu Okereke
Currently Reading: The Aftermath Of The King
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by Uchechukwu Okereke »

What a great review! The story seems to take us through some Ato operatives trying to take down a Devan Elaniel. The elusive and suspenseful wording of the review also does a great job to build up my curiosity and hunger for the book. Unfortunately, since I have to read the first book to properly understand this one, I would have to pass up on it.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

The first book of this series seems intriguing and it's good to know that the second seems to continue on the same level. This makes me want to read this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
EternalD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eternald.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by EternalD »

The first book in the series is fantastic. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to read the sequels. Apparently, the second book is as good as the first. Thanks for your great review.
Immaculate06
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-immaculate06.html
Latest Review: ByTheWay by Dennis Santos

Post by Immaculate06 »

I love the book cover design, it is quite simple but creative. The suspense of the book is thrilling. Thanks for your great review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”