Anyone here read The Witcher Series by Andrzej Sapkowski?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Carcrafter7
Bookshelf Size: 0

Anyone here read The Witcher Series by Andrzej Sapkowski?

Post by Carcrafter7 »

I just completed The Time of Contempt technically the third book in the series but considered the second here in the states since the first novel The Last Wish was just all the short stories in a complete book in chronological order. Anyone enjoy this series? *Spoilers for Time of Contempt*

Man at pg 171 the action goes into overdrive and doesn't let up for awhile. I was surprised when Geralt got beat so badly by that mage that he basically crippled him. Right now in the fourth book baptism of fire he is still being healed by the dryads a group of elves that specialize in healing. At the end of Time of Contempt Ciri is now with a group of bandits called The Rats after they saved her from a group of Nilfgaurdians that were going to cash in on the bounty that was put on her.
MsAlpha
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 20752">The Last Wish</a>
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by MsAlpha »

Hi Carcrafter7! I guess you've finished reading the Witcher novels since this was posted a while back. I love how the author combined action, humor and deep moral & political insights into a dark ages setting; and I'm glad someone else here appreciates them too. Cheers! :)
Bridgette C 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridgette-c-2.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Bridgette C 2 »

Not yet, but I'm looking forward to reading it when I have free time. I'm definitely sure it's a superb and worthy read. I'm excited!

I watched only the series adaptation and I'm head over heels with Geralt of Rivia🥰

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”