Review of The Waterfall Wanderer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
brooke oakes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brooke-oakes.html
Latest Review: The Intelligence Factor by Erik Fisher

Review of The Waterfall Wanderer

Post by brooke oakes »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Waterfall Wanderer" by Kyle William Jordan.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Thomas Sinclair just graduated from Harvard. It should have been a time for celebration. It should have been the turning point for his life to lead to bigger and better things. Instead, Sinclair finds himself in a barroom brawl. His parents bail him out of jail and suggest that he needs some time to himself. What should he do with his life? Is there a path that will make him happy?

The Waterfall Wanderer by Kyle William Jordan takes the reader along on a ride as Thomas Sinclair slides through waterfalls into alternate realities. While contemplating ending his life, he met a talking fox named Foxwood at the top of a waterfall. Foxwood suggests that it's not a good idea. Life is not always as bad as it seems. He tells Sinclair that there are other ways that life can play out. He takes Sinclair to places with dragons, princesses, and even under the sea. Each new world is more fanciful and exotic than the last. In some of the worlds that he traveled, Sinclair finds himself in scary situations. There were also some places that he didn't want to leave because he loved it so much.

I liked following Sinclair on his journey as he entered into each new world. I think my favorite one was when Sinclair was with the mermaids, and he became one of them. I can imagine how beautiful it was there. Jordan seemed to create Foxwood in the likeness of Jiminy Cricket. Foxwood was trying to help Sinclair get on the right path. He guides Sinclair to explore different worlds to help him think through his life decisions. When life takes a hard turn, sometimes you need a new perspective. Something to help you see that where you are is not as bad as you think it is.

I did not enjoy the storyline as much as I thought I would. The book was a bit rough to read. There were a few errors, and the abrupt transitions made this book hard for me to read. Even though the book was short, I felt the author could have expanded on the story to create a better flow. Therefore, I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. I did not give it a lower because the story did keep me curious to know what would happen next. I did not give it a higher because of the errors and choppy story development.

I recommend this book for adult readers who enjoy sci-fi novels. Those who are looking for a quick fantasy read may also enjoy it.

The Waterfall Wanderer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

I always a book which is full of adventures. Although the plot of the book seems quite interesting, the flaws in it are the reason I will skip this one. Thanks for the honest review.
Luchris_klaus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-klaus.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Luchris_klaus »

Life is filled different forms of experience. I love books filled with adventures. Sinclair is a wonderful character. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”