Review of Nexus Point

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of Nexus Point

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Nexus Point" by K. Pimpinella.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The editor should note, for the sake of plagiarism, that this review has been done before.

Nexus Point by K. Pimpinella is a unique story on time travel. Kai Sawyer is a spawn and time ranger who had learned under Beaumont's command. He was also reprimanded but also had glorified moments. Kai was assigned his first mission as the youngest commander. Along with his team, he was to go back in time and capture a time runner known as Dr. Arnault. Dr. Arnault had also gone back in time to change the course of the future. Will Dr. Arnault succeed? Was Kai able to stop him? Why did he need to change the future? What would have been the implication of his action on the future of Kai and his team? Find out from this wonderful thriller that borders on the past and the future.

The book was very carefully written. The character development of Kai and his father was quite meticulous. They were similar in so many ways, which always was a problem to Kai. But they had different motives and goals, which were clear to each of them. Also, the technological innovations were indeed out of this world. The author created a world of wonder that didn't seem possible. Yet, it didn't lose its verisimilitude. Readers would not forget the elaborate laying out of plans. Quick thinking, risky choices, and decisions carried out by characters made the book plausible. Overall, the book was intelligently written. These are the positive parts of this book for me.

The book contained some brutal and raw scenes of pain and anguish, which could trigger sympathy. Some readers might be sensitive to such content. An instance was when Kai met Merceir for the first time in the "asylum." The author's description is as follows: "These men were playing doctor, treating the bodies, both dead and alive, as cadavers on a mortician’s table." Aside from the above, Pimpinella wrote a masterpiece. For me, there was nothing I disliked about this book.

It is a fine work of art indeed. Therefore, I rate this book four out of four stars. It was also exceptionally well edited. It was a very interesting read, and Pimpinella's writing style was comprehensive and detail-oriented. He did not leave out intricate parts that helped me, the reader, to connect with the storyline. The characters played significant roles that were vital to the development of the plot.

This book is a must-read for anyone who enjoys science fiction books on time travel. It will also suit those who enjoy technological innovations and history. Some parts of this book are suitable for decision-making, as it characterizes when to be practical and when to be emotional.

Nexus Point
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

I always love stories that have time travel in them and this one seems like it has alot of it. Thanks for the review.
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

I always love thrilling fantasy book. and I'm sure I won't disappointed in this one. With this special theme of space traveling which I haven't read before makes the book promising of enjoyable read for me
Signature of Grace.
Shilisia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilisia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shilisia »

Two people going back in time with different intentions. This is very interesting. Thank you.
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Apple 7 »

Time travel and it's implications are always sought after, they can never be outdated...very nice review
Uchechukwu Okereke
Currently Reading: The Aftermath Of The King
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by Uchechukwu Okereke »

This is a tricky one for me because while I have never read books about time travel, for contextuality's sake, this book presents a perfect opportunity to test the waters. I am really looking forward to reading this one. Thank you for your review.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

This sounds like an interesting time-travel novel. The relationship between Kai and his father adds another level of curiosity too.
Thank you for your review and recommendation. :balloon:
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

Time travel? Technological innovations? Count me in! Well-developed characters with their interactions are a plus. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Luchris_klaus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-klaus.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Luchris_klaus »

I love books that discuss about time travel. This book is entirely intriguing and I would love to read it. Thanks for your review.
Immaculate06
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-immaculate06.html
Latest Review: ByTheWay by Dennis Santos

Post by Immaculate06 »

I love the fact that this book narrative is based on time travel, I've always loved time travel. Good plot. Thanks for your review.
Nwadinso Okoro
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-okoro.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy (series) by Claire Youmans

Post by Nwadinso Okoro »

I think this book would be a good read for me. Kai is a young leader and he is bound to face challenges. I'd love to know how the story ended. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”