Review of The Great Migration

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ika Apro
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Re: Review of The Great Migration

Post by Ika Apro »

The plot seems to be action-packed. It is a horrible feeling coming back to your land and having to fight against the enemy to survive. The title also suggests some insights.
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Francis Kapola »

The inspirational elements strewn all over the book—such as Bellona Stanick's words of wisdom—lift it above the level of a standard science fiction novel. The suspense and danger were evident as I read through the chapters, and the idea of a movie adaption seems appropriate.
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies by Johnny M. Sanchez

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

The Great Migration" by Steve Ramirez has a complex story plot with an awesome storytelling. This is a sci-fi fictional novel. It is a great review as it gives us an insight into the book. It has aliens which may interest some. Congratulations on the BOTD.
Mercy Wambui Ndungu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-wambui-ndungu.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Mercy Wambui Ndungu »

What a captivating review of "The Great Migration"! Your detailed exploration of the plot, characters, and the author's creative world-building truly paints a vivid picture of the book's appeal. It's evident that Steve Ramirez's storytelling and dedication to creating a rich and imaginative narrative have left a lasting impression on you.

Your insights into the religious aspects of the story, drawing parallels with familiar concepts while introducing new and intriguing elements, add an extra layer of depth to the narrative. It's fascinating how the author weaves these themes into the plot, reflecting the complexities of faith and belief in our own world.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

I just started reading this book, and I'm enjoying it so far. Thanks for your detailed review, and congrats on BOTM!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Smrithi Arun
Currently Reading: The Girl On The Train
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smrithi-arun.html
Latest Review: Derrick of Death by Malvina Lerma
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 6%

Post by Smrithi Arun »

The Great Migration is a fantasy novel with a complex plot and a lot of action and thrill. It is highly entertaining for those who enjoy fantasy books. Congrats on the BOTD!
Reading is dreaming with open eyes
Sanju Lali
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 446
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

A very thrilling adventure based book "The Great Migration" by Steve Ramirez, which follows Luta, the lead Zuni guide for his team who go on an adventurous journey.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chuks-ogechukwu-bianca.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca »

An interesting science fiction novel that touches adventures, mystery and religion. Captivating read. Congrats on #BOTD
grace ruhara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-ruhara.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by grace ruhara »

I loved every bit of the review. Unfortunately, I'll pass on this one.
Michael Gambo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-gambo.html
Latest Review: The Struggle for Justice and Truth by Tomas Cudzis

Post by Michael Gambo »

I must echo the reviewer's sentiments about the intricate plot and robust storytelling. Ramirez's ability to craft entirely new worlds and cultures is commendable, immersing readers in a richly imaginative experience. The diverse characters, each with background stories, add layers to the narrative, making it a captivating read.
I believe in something greater than myself.
Chika Aribeana
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Chika Aribeana »

The Great Migration is a very interesting book, it speaks of adventure in a way that no other book would have ever thought to speak of it before and the scenes make you feel like you are in the book yourself
Bithiah
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Mitzi Perdue
Currently Reading: A God-Balanced Life
Bookshelf Size: 425
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bithiah.html
Latest Review: Developing Resilience by Penny Christian Knight
fav_author_id: 240516

Post by Bithiah »

In The Great Migration, Steve Ramirez used vivid narrative to depict a convoluted plot. The plot of the book was incredibly inventive and exuded the author's intense commitment. According to the review, he invented whole new planets, towns, languages, and religions with strange customs. I'm eager to read this book after reading the review. The book's cover is visually appealing as well. I appreciate your review, which was worded so well. Congratulations on BOTD, author.
Sargam Talreja
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Way of the Goddess
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sargam-talreja.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Sargam Talreja »

While the book boasts robust character development and an intriguing plot, the combination of sci-fi elements, zombies, and intricate complexities seems a bit overwhelming for my reading preferences. I'll consider passing on it for now. Thanks for the informative review.
Abiodunakinola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: Mystery in the Metaverse by Nick Airus

Post by Abiodunakinola »

Steve Ramirez's "The Great Migration" receives praise for its intricate world-building and rich storytelling. The author's creative prowess shines through the development of new worlds, religions, and characters, making the narrative both believable and commendable. The book not only offers a thrilling sci-fi experience but also delves into familiar religious concepts, prompting readers to reflect on faith and belief in the context of a captivating and action-packed story. Nice review.
Azuka Christian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-christian.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Christian »

This book seems to contain a lot of adventure. I'm a great fan of sci-fi, so I believe this would be an amazing read. I'm certain the author did well in this piece. Congrats on winning book of the day

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”